Gold Club Asia Forums

Go Back   Gold Club Asia Forums > Gold Club Asia > General Discussions

Old 31-10-2007, 10:38 AM

Default Credit Suisse Gold bars stockist in Spore

Dear friends,

we have some members wishing to purchase Credit Suisse Gold bars/bullion in singapore.

are there any info / lists of stores that carry them in singapore?
or must get them online thru internet?

Thanks for any info.

G
Old 31-10-2007, 10:43 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by investasee View Post
Dear friends,

we have some members wishing to purchase Credit Suisse Gold bars/bullion in singapore.

Thanks for any info.

G
Credit Suisse only? No bullion coins? Perhaps someone from UOB can answer here?
Old 31-10-2007, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldBull5000 View Post
what makes you think there's someone from UOB here?
Old 31-10-2007, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by investasee View Post
Dear friends,

Thanks for any info.

G
Just curious, the reason for them to want to buy gold bar(kg) is to get better gold per dollar? Reason for asking is because I have never thought of buying kg bar because of resale and transportation concern even though it has better gold per dollar value.

Like to hear if there are different take on buying kg bar.
Old 31-10-2007, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gold_newbie View Post
what makes you think there's someone from UOB here?
i hope Alan from UOB will be reading this forum since he is the precious metal director in UOB and he should know to care about the investor perpective towards precious metal :P
Old 31-10-2007, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyguru View Post
Just curious, the reason for them to want to buy gold bar(kg) is to get better gold per dollar? Reason for asking is because I have never thought of buying kg bar because of resale and transportation concern even though it has better gold per dollar value.

Like to hear if there are different take on buying kg bar.

Sorry, dun understand your concern for the resale and transportation concern.
I dun see any difference in transporting 1kg of gold bar against 35 pcs of 1 oz gold coins.
If u get your gold bar from UOB, u will be able to resell it back to them. So i presume that address your resale concern.
I think the main reason most are not buying kilo gold bar is the cost. No many (i think) is able or willing to fork out $30+k for gold.
Old 31-10-2007, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by keano View Post
Sorry, dun understand your concern for the resale and transportation concern.
I dun see any difference in transporting 1kg of gold bar against 35 pcs of 1 oz gold coins.
If u get your gold bar from UOB, u will be able to resell it back to them. So i presume that address your resale concern.
I think the main reason most are not buying kilo gold bar is the cost. No many (i think) is able or willing to fork out $30+k for gold.
If we go back to sort of a gold standard than you are not expecting much people to want to sell their gold. Buyers will be more than sellers. So, say if you have an equivalent of 1KG worth of gold, when you want to sell some of your holdings for other investment, you can't sell half a KG bar but you can sell say....17pcs of 1oz gold.

And if we are somehow back to the gold standard, then you definitely do not want to sell all your gold. Sell only if you need to....
Old 31-10-2007, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyguru View Post
If we go back to sort of a gold standard than you are not expecting much people to want to sell their gold. Buyers will be more than sellers. So, say if you have an equivalent of 1KG worth of gold, when you want to sell some of your holdings for other investment, you can't sell half a KG bar but you can sell say....17pcs of 1oz gold.

And if we are somehow back to the gold standard, then you definitely do not want to sell all your gold. Sell only if you need to....

Correct me if i am wrong, but my understanding of gold standard is that the currencies is pegged to gold. There will still be paper money, its just that u can exchange the paper money for real gold in a bank at a fixed rate (there will not be much flucuation of gold prices).
If that day really comes, all the gold coins in the world is not enough for day to day transaction. Gold bars will be melted down to strike new gold coins.
The value of the gold is determined by the weight. It is the same regardless if u have 1kg of gold or 31.15 pcs of 1 oz gold coin.
Im sure when we are back to gold standard, u will not have problem 'exchanging' your kg bar for 31.15 pcs of 1 oz gold bullion.
Old 31-10-2007, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldBull5000 View Post
Some of the goldsmiths will also carry gold bars..Need not be credit suisse. Instead of UOB, you can try mustafa as well. They do sell PAMP SA Bars
Old 31-10-2007, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by keano View Post
Correct me if i am wrong, but my understanding of gold standard is that the currencies is pegged to gold. There will still be paper money, its just that u can exchange the paper money for real gold in a bank at a fixed rate (there will not be much flucuation of gold prices).
If that day really comes, all the gold coins in the world is not enough for day to day transaction. Gold bars will be melted down to strike new gold coins.
The value of the gold is determined by the weight. It is the same regardless if u have 1kg of gold or 31.15 pcs of 1 oz gold coin.
Im sure when we are back to gold standard, u will not have problem 'exchanging' your kg bar for 31.15 pcs of 1 oz gold bullion.
Yes, for day to day usage, it will still be paper, just that it is backed by real gold.

When I say that "you do not want to sell all your gold", it is because as you may already know, this is not the first time we have came off gold standard. You never know when we will come off it again(assuming we go back to gold standard), you won't know if the CBs or government will be honest enough and not print more than what they have in equivalent to their gold holding(and you know they are not), so in view of that, I will keep physical gold and sell only when I need to.