Gold Club Asia Forums

Gold Club Asia Forums (http://www.goldclubasia.com/forum/index.php)
-   Newbies' Corner (http://www.goldclubasia.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   coins that are prompt to milk (http://www.goldclubasia.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14927)

hellcannon21 28-08-2014 11:35 AM

coins that are prompt to milk

just found out that my Austrian Silver Philharmonic had milk.sian... my rcm coin havent yet.

anyone having coin of other.mints that having milky issue.:(

Andrewlee10 28-08-2014 11:39 AM

Even proof coin tend to milk in long term. unavoidable.... the bigger the coin the higher chance of white spot and milk when store in Singapore for long.....

read Daniel post of coin protection

hellcannon21 28-08-2014 11:44 AM

i did put all my collection in indivual zip lock bag some in intercept bags , etc and store in lock tight box. yet only this coin become milky.

i was thinking of the quailty.

Andrewlee10 28-08-2014 11:50 AM

Canada bullion easy to tone, milk and with spot.

Phi is okay..... BUT still.

My slb scallop dog coin edge come into light rose tone keke. Already grade so do not care.

Even some newly grade coin in NCG still like this.

Check this out NGC 3499040-003. This is KG panda which on my hand.;) what the tone call

hellcannon21 28-08-2014 11:58 AM

ohhhhh. i got a lunar slab also got milk

keong1985 28-08-2014 11:59 AM

Guys, I understand milk is due to the 'baking' process. So in theory if I do not really touch and leave it aside, it shouldn't milk? Toning wise is due to poor handling? Thanks in advance =)

Andrewlee10 28-08-2014 12:12 PM

I hate tone and white spot... BUT no choice.:(

Slowdown 28-08-2014 12:31 PM

Buy gold, no white spot......:D

As I recently learnt from one of the dealer here in Singapore, a bullion is a bullion.

Although all silver coins have the possibility of getting white spot, those that are not capsulated at the mint will have a higher probability. Even though you have care for the coin when it reaches your hand, the question is how the coin was treated before that. We have to learn to treat a bullion coin as a bullion coin. Don't be too hard up on whether it spot or not.

daniel.yrh 28-08-2014 12:49 PM

Yes if you don't want spot buy gold coins haha.

I have seen spotted pandas, kooks, koala, stock horse, shark, Britannias... They are prone to spots regardless of how you store them. High humidity encourages growth of milk spots too.

My stand is: bullion silver just treat it as bad luck lo, wait for spot to rise then sell at spot. But for proof i only buy new releases straight from the mint or ready stock from local dealers. Will make sure I get a perfect copy. If spots appear after I took possession of the proof coins then consider myself as bad luck lo.

I actually felt safe keeping my proof coins with Certis Cisco, their safe rooms are very dry and temperature is regulated.

Andrewlee10 28-08-2014 01:23 PM

Hi Daniel,

What the storage cost for certis cisco? Any insurance coverage?

I have PF70 for many coin BUT it have milk spot before grading still PF70.

I do not care it as long as PF70 and NGC photo show white spot too.