Gold Club Asia Forums

Gold Club Asia Forums (http://www.goldclubasia.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pro Sellers (http://www.goldclubasia.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Free Delivery for Silver / Gold purchase above $300 (http://www.goldclubasia.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15870)

cherub 10-06-2015 05:37 PM

Free Delivery for Silver / Gold purchase above $300

For those who who buy silver or gold regularly, who thinks that hauling silver is heavy...

if there is free delivery service, would it be a good thing for you?
The silver or gold would be delivered in original packaging, authenticity can be tested on site.
Cash only paid upon delivery.

business is ACRA registered, founded by a construction firm with 30years of operating, so no funny business. (when I first started a few mths ago, many customers are worried about the authenticity, a very fair concern. Hence I purposely show my own face in my facebook to let people understand that I am aiming a proper business)

I was just wondering if it is a good idea? If it is not, then I better remove this service if no point.

I am aiming for a shop soon, currently based at woodlands workshop, which I feel is not ideal for a showroom, so now looking around for a good premises.

Altima 10-06-2015 08:00 PM

To be honest, free delivery isn't as important as cheaper prices.

I was willing to travel all the way to BWSS in the past just cos they had the best prices around.

hellcannon21 10-06-2015 08:35 PM

i personally had bought from cedric before from gsc. pricing with free delievery. where to find.

GoldScaraB 10-06-2015 09:52 PM

If the customer lives in woodlands for example, free delivery doesnt mean much if the silver price + delievery + time cost is more than the cost of going down for example to BWSS silver price + delievery + time cost. In this case to add on, also to get infected by the clinic.
If the customer works at the central for example, free delivery doesn't mean much when just pop by and purchase PM from BullionStar or GSC, bringing the PM home.
For customer with PM in vault account doesn't require delievery services.
Of course, delievery is a small untapped market for PM when most of the retail buyers are mostly doing self service collection.
If you want an idea that is still not in the market would be free collection of silver when a retailer sells their PM to you. (Something like garang guni)
I can't say for others but I'll give a thumb up. Two thumbs up if the price is also competitive. LOL

lim 10-06-2015 11:31 PM

Set up show room in the west .
Can do cross border business next time when the rails are up :p

Your silver panda 2015 in stock ?

Phantom 11-06-2015 07:18 AM

1. Price and conditions of the coins/bar is most important
2. For shops, location is most important.
3. Some may pay slightly more at shops in convenient location, some may travel further to get good price.
4. Free delivery is definitely a plus point, as it deliver good price and save traveling time
5. Can you still maintain the low price after paying for the overhead cost of the shop at a good location? If not then your location have be good, but good location also cost more.

MasterID 11-06-2015 07:29 AM

Delivery is good, can deliver on weekends, PH and even at night. Maybe to Timbuktu also, or those high risk countries.
But then, some people may not like you to know where they are. But they can always request to be delivered to offices' reception.

Best is keep it forever, maybe change it to FREE postal delivery if by hand is too costly.

cherub 11-06-2015 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Altima (Post 108394)
To be honest, free delivery isn't as important as cheaper prices.
I was willing to travel all the way to BWSS in the past just cos they had the best prices around.

Thanks for the feedback. i will try to keep my prices competitive and decent for people to visit.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoldScaraB (Post 108399)
If the customer lives in woodlands for example, free delivery doesnt mean much if the silver price + delievery + time cost is more than the cost of going down for example to BWSS silver price + delievery + time cost. In this case to add on, also to get infected by the clinic.
If the customer works at the central for example, free delivery doesn't mean much when just pop by and purchase PM from BullionStar or GSC, bringing the PM home.
For customer with PM in vault account doesn't require delievery services.
Of course, delievery is a small untapped market for PM when most of the retail buyers are mostly doing self service collection.
If you want an idea that is still not in the market would be free collection of silver when a retailer sells their PM to you. (Something like garang guni)
I can't say for others but I'll give a thumb up. Two thumbs up if the price is also competitive. LOL

Yup. thanks for the idea.
Will keep prices competitive. Looks like price is important!

Quote:

Originally Posted by hellcannon21 (Post 108398)
i personally had bought from cedric before from gsc. pricing with free delievery. where to find.

thanks man! Will continue to keep up good service for u :p

cherub 11-06-2015 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MasterID (Post 108417)
Delivery is good, can deliver on weekends, PH and even at night. Maybe to Timbuktu also, or those high risk countries.
But then, some people may not like you to know where they are. But they can always request to be delivered to offices' reception.
Best is keep it forever, maybe change it to FREE postal delivery if by hand is too costly.

You made a good valid point. There are some who are reluctant to provide address. I will do my best to customise and meet them.
For the postal delivery, I personally had bad experience with SingPost. i think I suay.. so i wont use postal services. :p

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phantom (Post 108416)
1. Price and conditions of the coins/bar is most important
2. For shops, location is most important.
3. Some may pay slightly more at shops in convenient location, some may travel further to get good price.
4. Free delivery is definitely a plus point, as it deliver good price and save traveling time
5. Can you still maintain the low price after paying for the overhead cost of the shop at a good location? If not then your location have be good, but good location also cost more.

Yeah. unfortunately singapore rental is expensive. I am now pondering a place in woodland or a central location... and yes, a central location costs more... =)
Right now free delivery is because my woodlands collection is too far from most people, hence I use delivery to reach out to the people.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lim (Post 108405)
Set up show room in the west .
Can do cross border business next time when the rails are up :p
Your silver panda 2015 in stock ?

I was thinking of woodlands and central area.. where the tourists are. haha
Silver panda 2015 currently out of stock. Oops. Ordered and waiting for arrivals.

Not bad hor... Jurong is a potential idea... heh heh best if in the rail terminal.
I guess rental would be high though:o

cherub 11-06-2015 08:59 AM

what abt product range?

more of the same numismatic coins?

or more bullion stuff?

or more unique but less well known (meaning less likely to buy) products?