Gold Club Asia Forums

Go Back   Gold Club Asia Forums > Market Place > Sold Items

Old 04-04-2012, 06:24 PM
寨主

My main motivation starting this venture now is the same as few years ago when I started this website: To get more people to own PHYSICAL bullion.

Over the years I realized that the number one reason for people NOT to buy PHYSICAL bullion is the buy/sell spread in SG.

Current buy/sell spread here is around 25%, in the future without GST, this will narrow down to 10%. More players, more volume, much less spread.

I am just going one step ahead of the rest and offering now bullion product at 0% buy/sell spread. The only catch is that the buyer has to hold on to the bullion for at least 24 months.

From my own research, majority of bullion investors do not trade, they rather hold on to this volatile investment for at least 1 year or 2. So I thought why not just offering something exactly tailored to majority of bullion investors.

I do readily admit that this idea is still in its infancy. That is the reason I do not have a fancy website with confidence inspiring graphics to sell the product. If there is no demand for such a insured product, then I will withdraw the offer.
Old 04-04-2012, 06:37 PM
寨主

I received the following PM and thought to address it in public way:

[QUOTE=xxxxxxx]Hmmm... It's technically a product that u can't make money from without underwriting some risk on your side.
QUOTE]

YES, I agree with you absolutely! For ten KG bars, it is absolutely IMPOSSIBLE for me to make any money from this. What is my total liability if sold? 10x1620 = SGD 16200 What is my REAL liability if sold? lowest silver spot price in 2014 - 2015.

Can I hedge the price risk for 10 bars? No, don't bother, no options contract caters to such minute size of trade. Am I hedging those 10 bars on the open market? No, of course not. Do I have SGD 16200 to pay for the repurchase in 2014 - 2015? Absolutely. What if I don't honor it? Come to my fully paid $2m condo on the East Coast and bang on the door.

Ok, back to be more serious: According to my own calculation, it is only viable to offer such a product and yet to make a small amount of profit if monthly turn over exceed $5 m. Without GST, this should be attainable.
Old 04-04-2012, 07:01 PM
寨主

For those without Ebay.com.sg Account, you can also SMS me at 9338 3456 or Email to bullionshop@gmail.com to lock in the same deal.

This offer is currently only valid for those listed ten bars as on Ebay.
Old 04-04-2012, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldBull5000 View Post
Non taken, I have already anticipated that most people would misunderstand this as one of them "gold rebatte" schemes. In fact, when scammers like Genneva Gold started in SG few years ago, I have already come out publicly to tell everyone that they are just a ponzi.

To tell the difference, you just have to check out the price I am charging for the bars. I am selling those bars at the same price range as all other four major bullion sellers in SG. The scammers would normally sell their stuff at 25% to 30% above the usual going rate to target those "retail premium".

Last but not least, I am not giving anyone a "discount" and then promise a buyback. In other words, there is absolutely no way I am promising anyone a guaranteed return on capital.

What I am guaranteeing is the RETURN OF THE CAPITAL.

How do I do it? I have been actively trading silver futures and options for more than a decade. If there is enough volume for such a product, it is possible to hedge the long term price risk by using futures and options. But this is only viable for large volumes.

Ever since I have heard about the news that the GST is falling away, it is clear that trading volume and demand for physical bullion in SG would explode coming October. This is the reason I am back in SG to jump start this new venture.
Probably I should rephrase. Just assume, in extreme cases, Silver price for the KG dive to $1000, will you as the seller who provide the buy-back guarantee really buy back? Or just disappear from the scene? If you really honour the buy back, won't you be on a big losing end?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Available

24Hr Hotline 9477-7774
Old 04-04-2012, 07:37 PM
寨主

Quote:
Originally Posted by anlok View Post
Probably I should rephrase. Just assume, in extreme cases, Silver price for the KG dive to $1000, will you as the seller who provide the buy-back guarantee really buy back? Or just disappear from the scene? If you really honour the buy back, won't you be on a big losing end?
Great question, and I absolutely appreciately your straight forward style!

The answer is simple: even if the kg price for silver drops to $0, I would still buy those ten bars back from the original customers. Yes, I would lose money if this is done on small scale. But if there is genuine demand for such a product, it is possible to hedge the price risk with futures and options.

To put it simple, my business idea is to buy insurance on wholesale level. Then slice and dice it down to the retail level. Like any other wholesale/retail spread business, if there is enough volume, there is money to be made.

I have been around the scene here in SG since 2007, that is 5 years ago. The bull market in bullion is going to last another decade according to my calculation. So I won't be going anywhere so soon.

It is entirely possible that nobody wants to buy bullion with Capital Guarantee. But I would like to give this idea a try first before dismissing it entirely.

Feel free to ask more questions. This whole thing is new, so its natural that people are skeptical and asking "where is the catch?"
Old 04-04-2012, 07:46 PM
寨主

1 KG bar SOLD @ SGD 1605.63 via SMS from xxxx 9814

Feel free to SMS me at 9338 3456 quoting SilverBullion.com.sg perth Mint KG bar latest price. I am pegging my price to them for this limited offer.

9 bars left to go, I expect the bars to be gone by tonight.....
Old 04-04-2012, 07:51 PM
寨主

Some infos about those silver bars for those who are new to bullion investing:

The bars I have on offer are NO LONGER in production. They are hand poured coming with unique finger print like fine metal rings. Each one is unique and beautiful.

Historically those bars always fetched 5% premium over other generic cast bars like those on offer by various competitors in SG.

To make things simple, I have pegged my offer price to the same price as those cast bars.

You will appreciate the difference once you got one in your hands. In the past 7 years, I have periodically released some of those bars from my personal collection into the SG market. So far, nobody has been willing to release them back into the market yet. You will know why when holding them in your hands.
Old 04-04-2012, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldBull5000 View Post
Great question, and I absolutely appreciately your straight forward style!

The answer is simple: even if the kg price for silver drops to $0, I would still buy those ten bars back from the original customers. Yes, I would lose money if this is done on small scale. But if there is genuine demand for such a product, it is possible to hedge the price risk with futures and options.

To put it simple, my business idea is to buy insurance on wholesale level. Then slice and dice it down to the retail level. Like any other wholesale/retail spread business, if there is enough volume, there is money to be made.

I have been around the scene here in SG since 2007, that is 5 years ago. The bull market in bullion is going to last another decade according to my calculation. So I won't be going anywhere so soon.

It is entirely possible that nobody wants to buy bullion with Capital Guarantee. But I would like to give this idea a try first before dismissing it entirely.

Feel free to ask more questions. This whole thing is new, so its natural that people are skeptical and asking "where is the catch?"
I'm a noob with it comes to "futures" & "options". How does all this things work? I've heard of ppl saying all companies selling PM are doing that to safeguard against PM's free fall. But how exactly it works?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Available

24Hr Hotline 9477-7774
Old 04-04-2012, 09:51 PM
寨主

Quote:
Originally Posted by anlok View Post
I'm a noob with it comes to "futures" & "options". How does all this things work? I've heard of ppl saying all companies selling PM are doing that to safeguard against PM's free fall. But how exactly it works?
Hi Anlok,

you have been around in this forum for almost 2 years already. I am sure that you know what futures and options are. I know you are just pulling my legs or want to figure out my "secret sauce".

For those real beginners, here is a simple explaination:

Futures and options are exchange traded financial instruments used by professionals to speculate on price fluctuations and to hedge price risks for their products.

By using the right instruments, you can lock in your buy/sell price for anything far into the future dates.

Myself, I was the largest private silver futures trader in SG from 2005 - 2008. At the height of my career, I was controlling more than 2000 contracts at one point of time. (one contract equals to 5000 ounces of silver)

During my active years, I paid more trading commissions to my futures brokers than anyone else in their private client base for 3 years in a row.

Now I am retired since some time. But the experience in those years give me the ability to hedge any price swings of those bullion I sell here with capital guarantee.

The only uncertainty is if this product actually is in demand by general public.

The next few months will be extremely volatile in the metals markets. Anyone who wants a price hedge on the downside would be well served to buy our capital guaranteed bullion product.

The beauty of our product is that the buyer still maintain all the upside without any downside risk. Please remember that as a buyer and holder of those bullions, you do NOT need to sell it back to us in the third year.

We are here to guarantee you a floor price for your bullion, not to cap your gains.
Old 04-04-2012, 09:58 PM
寨主

http://www.ebay.com.sg/sch/bullionsh...id=p4340.l2562

This is the link to the entire list of Capital Guaranteed Bullion Products offered by BullionShopSingapore on Ebay.com.sg

Price is pegged to leading bullion sellers in SG. I will try to update the price once a day.

You can lock in your price by SMS me at 9338 3456.

Payment term is COD.

Location of transaction is Paya Lebar Certis Cisco Safe Deposit Box Office.