Gold Club Asia Forums

Go Back   Gold Club Asia Forums > Gold Club Asia > Kopi Corner

Old 12-07-2017, 12:24 PM

Red face Crypto mess-up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altima View Post
Try to avoid BTC ATMs unless you really need to buy/sell there. Their markup is way too high most of the time. I would rather get them from Coinhako or Coinbase. As with anything, do some shopping around to find the rate that is closest to "spot price".

You can check the price of BTC using http://preev.com/btc/sgd

or you can go to www.coinmarketcap.com to see the prices of Bitcoin plus all the other cryptocurrencies.

Good luck!
Sadly, I went to the one at 1silverag & did a top-up for bitcoin. First time trying even at this late stage. I created a bitcoin wallet on Blockchain.com n had successful top of to my Blockchain wallet.
After learning all the fundamentals, I did a test trade buying some lite coin on Poloniex exchange. Alamak, not only my trade didn't go thru but my btc balance in my wallet suddenly Zero!!! I tried recover of funds many times over next 3 days, yet my Blockchain wallet still shows '0 btc', no trade effected n no transactions whatsoever!! search thru the Blockchain website but cannot email or feedback access to them to highlight my missing funds. Bloody hell, for nothing lost about usd250! 😝 an expensive lesson trying to buy stupid cryptos!! Curse and swear LA!!

Beginners ass luck, as usual. I wonder got any expert in gca can teach me how to recover funds but using the '12 phrase' recovery supposed to be correct n secure but for the life of me, I cannot retrieve my lost btc as kept showing me zero balance!!! Sad man
Old 12-07-2017, 01:37 PM

Top up bitcoin?

For beginners who want to get into bitcoin/ethereum, you can consider Coinhako for now. Easiest to buy/sell bitcoin and eth.

If you need more help,you know who to look for in this forum. I'm sure either one of us can help you.
Old 13-07-2017, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altima View Post
Top up bitcoin?

For beginners who want to get into bitcoin/ethereum, you can consider Coinhako for now. Easiest to buy/sell bitcoin and eth.

If you need more help,you know who to look for in this forum. I'm sure either one of us can help you.
Yes, I did a bitcoin top up via those atm for bitcoin & etherum. My problem actually is the bitcoin wallet I created in 'blockchain.info'. After trying out one transaction, the amount I top up suddenly disappeared &, cannot retrieved despite using the 'recover funds' method. Ahya, hope the crypto group hv some meet up in near future, then I can ask all u experts
Old 15-07-2017, 09:02 AM

write to the atm vendor and tell them your problem.
it is probably due to the low fees used by the atm.. which results in not enough confirmations
that is why the transaction may have been reversed.
Old 18-07-2017, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyyewhon View Post
write to the atm vendor and tell them your problem.
it is probably due to the low fees used by the atm.. which results in not enough confirmations
that is why the transaction may have been reversed.
Many tks for the advice. Will do that. Cheers bro