Gold Club Asia Forums

Go Back   Gold Club Asia Forums > Gold Club Asia > Real Estate

Old 27-10-2013, 01:18 PM

my 5 cents worth as follows:
- not all houses in JB are overpriced. if u go for the dangabay area, then ure like most common sgporean who gets lured by the glitzy ads.
- resale of property in JB is not as easy as in sg. study property portals and understand how its done.
- depending on yr reason, if u buy a retirement home, u dont need it to be in the JB city centre yeah, so hectic, so yr price wont be so ex either.
- if ure looking for investment, u got to select yr location precisely. dont anyhow buy. make sure there is real demand from the vicinity.
- yes there r security issues in JB (less as u travel further from the city centre) and so people want GnG.
- in contrast to NZ, i would rather be in JB. racism is an issue in NZ based on a handful of frens who r staying / stayed there. n racism gets u killed the moment they see u. i rather choose a less hectic JB location with good security anytime.
- if ure going to JB, try to be ahead of the herd.
Old 28-10-2013, 09:44 AM

imo if it's a retirement home, there may not be a need to buy.
Just rent. u are sheltered from all the weird policies and risks associated with ownership.
No maintenance is needed. and move on if things don't look okay.

only have to make sure u don't sell your hdb...
Old 28-10-2013, 11:43 PM

I agree with Solar, why buy properties in Malaysia if want to retire there, rental is good choice, no commitment and no need to worry about rule changes by Malaysia Goverment boh. U can choose or change place of stay every time the rental agreement expire.
Old 30-10-2013, 10:30 AM

Finally got chance to kapo a little...

What many of you said is true....good feedback from aswadq...

Anyway, as a singaporean, we dream to own a house cheaper than singapore, so we look nearby and johor happened to be that place, cultural issue is small as we are all alike, except that we don't look deep enough. If singapore and malaysia got into quarrel, well, there goes your chance to go home or worst thing may happen. some times it's the politician who says the wrong thing and all hell breaks loose.

Malaysia is capable of implementing a scheme, realise a mistake, reverse the law all within 6 months. So maybe renting of the house in JB now is the correct move. Honestly, many people in JB already realised the property is over bought by a few rich people who snapped up 5 to 10 unit for all new launch, hoping to make a quick buck.

But when financial crisis hit, these houses will drop 50% or worst, project abandoned....buy ready mature estate, don't jump in to speculate. Tell your other singaporean friends please....Keep their money ready for property glut, as I think it will happen within the next 2 years.

chef
- lunar bullion, 2oz, 5oz, 10oz, kilo, color, gilded, proof * canadian wild life * legend of dragon * water series taku, aligator, swordfish * pamp gold bar snake and true happiness * 1oz bar and 5 oz bar and 10 oz bar.