Gold Club Asia Forums

Go Back   Gold Club Asia Forums > Gold Club Asia > Precious Metals - Gold & Silver

Old 20-04-2017, 09:58 AM

Default 1g Gold Maple below spot part 3

Courtesy of Lazada, Maybank and SK Bullion, another chance for us to stack gold below spot.

Lazada is (always) having a promotion. And Maybank is offering a whopping 16% (using mobile app) discount for first 300 capped at $10 per transaction. SK Bullion is also offering (always?) a 1g Gold Maple Leaf at $65.

So it works out to be $55.00 and includes FREE delivery.

Today 20 Apr 2017 gold spot is S$1,793 which is S$57.65 per gram of gold.

Add: apparently, there is a confusing un-announced T&C
• Promotion voucher can only be used once.
• You can only purchase maximum of 5 units per item.

And Lazada has the right to "just win" including 17 Apr 2017 is part of 18 Apr 2017 and Citibank code is similar to HSBC code.

Last edited by MasterID; 20-04-2017 at 12:08 PM.
Old 20-04-2017, 12:46 PM

Lazada Live Chat is equally not informed about what Lazada Marketing has launched.

Below are edited transcript to Lazada Live Chat

Me: Is CITIAPPX2 the same as HSBCAPPX2 the same as MBAPPX2?
I had order an item with HSBCAPPX2, can I still order the same item using MBAPPX2?
How many times can I order the same item?

Just a moment...
LZ: Hi, my name is <LZ>
How may I address you?
Me: <Me>
LZ: <Me>, please give me a moment to check
You can use CITIAPPX2 and MBAPPX2
You can use CITIAPPX2 as many times you can
only on apps
LZ: You can also use this MBAPPX2 as many times as you can
LZ: Yes, CITIAPPX2 can only be used Saturdays to Mondays
LZ: MBAPPX2 can be used only on Thursdays
Me: okay, thanks.
Old 20-04-2017, 01:03 PM

Default Below Spot ??

Why so confusing ?? And absolutely non-senior-citizen-friendly ?? Got heart sell, why not just provide walk-in-buy-pay-cash-carry away. ?? Why why why ??
Old 20-04-2017, 03:13 PM

Email reply from Lazada, likely different team from Live Chat; Lazada wins regardless.

"With regards to your inquiry, aside from our T&C's we also have house rules to followed which is cannot be shared with our customers. As much as we want to process all your orders with the same item. There's a limitations that we need to implement. Hope you understand."

Mysteriously cancel multiple orders, then come up with unsound excuses and eventually a set of house rules which cannot be shared with customers.

Should I escalate to another department and see if they know of the "house rules"?
Old 20-04-2017, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny View Post
Why so confusing ?? And absolutely non-senior-citizen-friendly ?? Got heart sell, why not just provide walk-in-buy-pay-cash-carry away. ?? Why why why ??
That is why government is giving us $500 to catch up with the new society.
Old 21-04-2017, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterID View Post
Email reply from Lazada, likely different team from Live Chat; Lazada wins regardless.

"With regards to your inquiry, aside from our T&C's we also have house rules to followed which is cannot be shared with our customers. As much as we want to process all your orders with the same item. There's a limitations that we need to implement. Hope you understand."

Mysteriously cancel multiple orders, then come up with unsound excuses and eventually a set of house rules which cannot be shared with customers.

Should I escalate to another department and see if they know of the "house rules"?
The house rule may be they cannot lose too much money on a deal. The fact that the gold is below spot means that there is nothing to make here. No profit margin, no leeway. They may be willing to lose some money and treat it as marketing cost, but there is definitely a budget they need to keep to.
Old 21-04-2017, 04:42 PM

One (Live Chat) says no limit, another (Help desk) says there is a house rules and house rules are randomly applied (my observation).

Sometimes you can order same item 10 times, sometime 13, sometime 5 and sometime 4. It depends on house rules on what number of orders they cancel.

Yes, it is their marketing fund to attract customers to buy. And they use the fund to pay the reseller. Just like Grab or Uber incentives.

Skbullion (or any sensible business) will probably increase price or take down item if it is below cost.

It is the mysterious house rules that maybe they want to benefit more resellers rather than end up all codes (all marketing fund) are used to buy from SKbullion.

If it is first 400 and capped at $15, the maximum is $6,000. They must have budget $6,000 already.