Gold Club Asia Forums

Go Back   Gold Club Asia Forums > Gold Club Asia > Precious Metals - Gold & Silver

Old 04-02-2008, 05:22 PM

Hmm..the prices suddenly ping pong piang and fell straight.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 04-02-2008, 05:43 PM

there is only 1 Bank and 1 Branch that sells gold coins.
Old 04-02-2008, 05:50 PM

Yeah...was watching it 'live' for the 1st time...hovering around 909 for a while than suddenly *boom* and now sub-900 liao.
Old 04-02-2008, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by keltong View Post
Hi,

Can I just check...I am a newbie on this so please forgive me if the question sounds silly.

When you say price of gold has dropped, that is in the US market. But how much does it affect our local market (or how fast)? I presume most of you still get your gold from UOB, but their today's 1oz gold coin price is still very high. For example over the weekend the spot price is slightly above US$900 and still still hovering around that price today. But UOB is still selling at S$1400+ which is about US$1K.

So will UOB's prices eventually catch up? Thanks.
Hi Keltong,

Look again at the UOB price page: there is a fabrication premium for physical gold - the best comparison to World Gold prices is the Kilobar 'Bank Buys' price. This is the price that UOB will buy back gold.

Now (Monday 22:30) it is S$ 4,142.00

Type "41423 singapore dollars per kilo in us dollars per troy ounce" into the Google searchbox and you get US$ 907.451851 which is very close to the current US$ 902.50 NY spot price.
Old 04-02-2008, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aurictaurus View Post
Hi Keltong,

Look again at the UOB price page: there is a fabrication premium for physical gold - the best comparison to World Gold prices is the Kilobar 'Bank Buys' price. This is the price that UOB will buy back gold.

Now (Monday 22:30) it is S$ 4,142.00

Type "41423 singapore dollars per kilo in us dollars per troy ounce" into the Google searchbox and you get US$ 907.451851 which is very close to the current US$ 902.50 NY spot price.
OIC...cool...thanks...the google thing is quite neat. Heehee...
Old 05-02-2008, 08:52 PM

Gold price manipulation in action for recent days.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Gold05Feb08.JPG (46.7 KB, 16 views)
Old 05-02-2008, 10:34 PM

ECB released 8 tonnes gold to market.

http://www.goldessential.com/index.p...d=515&Itemid=1
Old 06-02-2008, 12:41 AM

Default Sale

SALE! pre CNY, post CNY SALE! keep it there.
Old 06-02-2008, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aigburth View Post
I agree that next week could be a good time to top up our PM holding. In the last dip, I top-up some gold at around $870.

In the past weeks, we saw gold price hitting new high on a regular basis before pulling back slightly. Yesterday was the strongest pullback we had seen for a while.

I think for gold, any level below $900 is a good price. Personally I am likely to top up some gold again at between $870 to 900 level. However be careful as gold may dip to below $850/oz should a correction take place before it breaks the $1,000 level. But I think this dip, if happen, will be a short one.

Silver price also been testing new mutiple years high as well, before yesterday pull-back during New York trading time. My view is Silver is getting real interesting! I think silver is ready to break up strongly. Yesterday up and then down swing may be a prelude to silver breaking above $20/oz. I will probably top up more silver should price dips next week. The reasons I am hesitating are (1) I am at my self-imposed upper limit for silver, (2) silver is very volatile and more therefore more difficult to predict. If you are hold for long term and has not reach your limit, next week would be an excellent time to top up.

The aboves are just my presonal views. You should do your own homework before making any investment decision.

With CB dumping gold during this period when the Chinese buyers are likely to be distracted CNY, it is now a god time to top up your gold holding! The current price is looking attractive. If you like to top up at UOB, you hav half a day to do it.

As always, do your homework before making an investment decision.
Old 06-02-2008, 09:25 AM

Today they open half day? But UOB at Vivo only opens at 11pm!