Gold Club Asia Forums

Go Back   Gold Club Asia Forums > Gold Club Asia > Preparedness

Old 07-09-2014, 10:29 AM
寨主

Default Prepping for personal events

While we are prepping for lower probability events that have macro impact, we need to remember that prepping is also good for things that happen more often, like getting retrenched, falling ill etc.

admin
Old 07-09-2014, 04:28 PM

I recently had this idea that that the prep of one's body is the mother of all preps.

Given the same harsh conditions, a healthier person will definitely last longer and have a better chance of survival than one that is relying on medication to maintain normal body function.

If one's body is in chronic pain or discomfort, it will eventually breaks down the mind. And the so called mental determination is unlikely to last as long as one with a healthier body

Sadly our caring for body is the last thing people had in mind in our modern lifestyle. Consider the junk that we eat just because the junk is more convenient or simply taste better. I wonder if anyone actually realised the junk taste better is simply because it contains more of the harmful ingredients (more salt, food additives, artificial stuff etc.)

And the excuses we give for not having time to exercise.

Nowadays I always try to remind myself. If I am really serious about this prep thing, perhaps I should start by first changing my lifestyle to one that is more beneficial to my body, before I even think of other form of preps.

Being a typical singaporean, I am also guilty of not walking the talk, as it is indeed very difficult to maintain a healthy lifestyle while coping with the work and family demand. But then again, what the point of going through all the preps when you body fails just when you need it most.

Just sharing my little thought…
Old 07-09-2014, 10:52 PM

That is a good point. For people who are time stretched with family commitments and work. Sometimes incorporating "forced" daily exercise would help. E.g. Public transport + walking or cycling. It is really about lifestyle changes and not just putting in an exercise schedule. Most people think of healthy living in terms of an "exercise schedule" when change can in fact be incorporated more simply. Another area of preps that I had mentioned before in the forums is the reliance on helpers external to the family. This topic is rarely discussed but will have a generally high impact on the local populace due to the common reliance on domestic help. If your family is reliant on one (or even two), think about how schedules and home contributions need to change when geopolitical events takes its toll on domestic needs.
Old 02-11-2014, 12:29 AM

Prepping is a very singular task. What you need is a buddy who shares the same interest.

For example, 'stacking', i am sure whoever registers with this forum is stacking some form of insurance for the later stages. How did we get into this hobby?

We just needed a few like minded who gets excited over stacking and we don't look back anymore because we are having the time of our lives enjoying the chat over consolidating precious metals.

I am happy too though i am still new to this forum. Can't wait to get into the bandwagon of purchasing precious metal as a group. It's much more fun when you have a bunch waiting for the same parcel and unfolding the wrappers together. Nothing beats this experience.

Hope you find an active person to steer you towards good health so you can continue stacking for a long time.

Cheers
Old 04-11-2014, 11:19 PM
寨主

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roborovskii View Post
That is a good point. For people who are time stretched with family commitments and work. Sometimes incorporating "forced" daily exercise would help. E.g. Public transport + walking or cycling. It is really about lifestyle changes and not just putting in an exercise schedule. Most people think of healthy living in terms of an "exercise schedule" when change can in fact be incorporated more simply. Another area of preps that I had mentioned before in the forums is the reliance on helpers external to the family. This topic is rarely discussed but will have a generally high impact on the local populace due to the common reliance on domestic help. If your family is reliant on one (or even two), think about how schedules and home contributions need to change when geopolitical events takes its toll on domestic needs.
Our economy has the same weakness.
Old 04-11-2014, 11:29 PM

buy insurance, investments (short, mid, long terms) and get a will written.

edit: I believe the above are basics!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Singapore's largest stockists of safes, contact us at
Email:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, HP/Whatsapp: +65 86611522, Office: +65 6746 6838