Gold Club Asia Forums

Go Back   Gold Club Asia Forums > Market Place > Personal Classifieds

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 25-03-2013, 04:53 PM
ruzmidah ruzmidah is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 619
Default

Personally I find such "Adverts" / "titles" a huge turn off.
Things like "best price in town" or "cheapest" works only for a while. After that people (or maybe just me) get tired of such adverts.
Its like a persistent salesman trying to sell his items to u at Sungai Road.

If it is really cheapest and the seller honors the deal (ie no tricks), no need for such adverts.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 25-03-2013, 05:13 PM
matthewchj matthewchj is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 218
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruzmidah View Post
Personally I find such "Adverts" / "titles" a huge turn off.
Things like "best price in town" or "cheapest" works only for a while. After that people (or maybe just me) get tired of such adverts.
Its like a persistent salesman trying to sell his items to u at Sungai Road.

If it is really cheapest and the seller honors the deal (ie no tricks), no need for such adverts.
+1. In such a small market and this kind of community I feel the best form of advertising is being an honest and sincere seller. Be pleasant to deal with and word will definitely spread and you'll build a reputation for yourself
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 25-03-2013, 05:42 PM
freeier freeier is offline
Nosy Uncle
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: On a small island
Posts: 2,331
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewchj View Post
+1. In such a small market and this kind of community I feel the best form of advertising is being an honest and sincere seller. Be pleasant to deal with and word will definitely spread and you'll build a reputation for yourself
8-)

this is the purpose of the forum.
the 'cheapest' or 'best deal' lets u pull it off once or twice, then you lose the trust when others realized they got creamed.


be wary of the 'review reputations' also... our most trustable 'admin' probably doesn't even have a single review. ahhaa..
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 25-03-2013, 06:22 PM
ruzmidah ruzmidah is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 619
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeier View Post
be wary of the 'review reputations' also... our most trustable 'admin' probably doesn't even have a single review. ahhaa..
This is one of the reasons I was against the idea of a feedback mechanism.
It leads to more "politics".
It leads to more work to admin.
It leads to more unhappiness.
It does not mean anything.
No one dares to leave a bad feedback unless the other fella is really very bad.

Again I may be wrong.

Instead of a feedback mech, I think a scammer list or tag will be sufficient. Just to warn newcomers.

Last edited by ruzmidah; 25-03-2013 at 06:24 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 25-03-2013, 07:57 PM
admin admin is offline
寨主
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,435
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeier View Post
8-)

this is the purpose of the forum.
the 'cheapest' or 'best deal' lets u pull it off once or twice, then you lose the trust when others realized they got creamed.


be wary of the 'review reputations' also... our most trustable 'admin' probably doesn't even have a single review. ahhaa..
Uncle,

I haven't tried selling anything leh.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 25-03-2013, 09:12 PM
Jamon Jamon is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 271
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruzmidah View Post
This is one of the reasons I was against the idea of a feedback mechanism.
It leads to more "politics".
It leads to more work to admin.
It leads to more unhappiness.
It does not mean anything.
No one dares to leave a bad feedback unless the other fella is really very bad.

Again I may be wrong.

Instead of a feedback mech, I think a scammer list or tag will be sufficient. Just to warn newcomers.
I think the feedback system is good for a newbie like me.
If the seller has many positive reviews he will be careful to keepup his reviews.
The newbie can tell that the seller has build up a good reputation and should be safer to deal with then with a person with no reviews.

A scammer will be more hit and run, so he may scam and con and have no intention to stick around.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 25-03-2013, 09:45 PM
freeier freeier is offline
Nosy Uncle
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: On a small island
Posts: 2,331
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin View Post
Uncle,

I haven't tried selling anything leh.
ya so according to newbie u have no reputation. ahhaaa
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 25-03-2013, 11:29 PM
Jamon Jamon is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 271
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeier View Post
ya so according to newbie u have no reputation. ahhaaa
Admin just stacks! He never has to sell!
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 26-03-2013, 09:01 AM
freeier freeier is offline
Nosy Uncle
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: On a small island
Posts: 2,331
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamon View Post
Admin just stacks! He never has to sell!
shss dun breach the secret so easily
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 26-03-2013, 01:57 PM
Jamon Jamon is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 271
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeier View Post
shss dun breach the secret so easily
ooooppppps
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 11:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.