Gold Club Asia Forums

Go Back   Gold Club Asia Forums > Market Place > Personal Classifieds

Old 22-07-2013, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel.yrh View Post
Hi freeier,

I don't mind putting my price as a reference provided if I am selling them, which I am not. Compare to the current prices perhaps I can say I got them at a bargain but it could also means current sellers are selling them at a higher price now.

Sorry to sound like I am poking you with a stick... still trying to get used to the recent changes.
I think you can put up your buying price as reference but please indicate that it's x months ago to be fair to current sellers.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Available

24Hr Hotline 9477-7774
Old 22-07-2013, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anlok View Post
I think you can put up your buying price as reference but please indicate that it's x months ago to be fair to current sellers.
My purchase price is not too far off compared to current prices to be honest, just $50-100 less for the entire set.

Personally I think it will not be fair to sellers if past transacted price is used as a reference... it will be like quoting gold/silver spot price that was 3 months back, which means very little to us.

Just my 2c.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 22-07-2013, 09:52 AM
Nosy Uncle

Quote:
My purchase price is not too far off compared to current prices to be honest, just $50-100 less for the entire set.

Personally I think it will not be fair to sellers if past transacted price is used as a reference... it will be like quoting gold/silver spot price that was 3 months back, which means very little to us.

Just my 2c.

honestly, there's nothing wrong.
if the buyer insist on using the reference price, then simply he is not going to get the coin he wants (because sellers won't relent).

information are just going to be information.. how one uses the information is up to the individual.
Old 22-07-2013, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeier View Post
honestly, there's nothing wrong.
if the buyer insist on using the reference price, then simply he is not going to get the coin he wants (because sellers won't relent).

information are just going to be information.. how one uses the information is up to the individual.
never my ambition to be a price police.

Not sure if you have realized... some kook sellers have lowered the price of his/her kook set to $1,400 to "match" the recent offers, no longer wanting $2k for the whole set, nor an ounce of gold.

This can be viewed as healthy competition where price correction kicks in when the seller realize he cannot move his set for the past few weeks/months. Good for potential buyers

Old 22-07-2013, 10:37 AM
Nosy Uncle

Quote:
never my ambition to be a price police.

Not sure if you have realized... some kook sellers have lowered the price of his/her kook set to $1,400 to "match" the recent offers, no longer wanting $2k for the whole set, nor an ounce of gold.

This can be viewed as healthy competition where price correction kicks in when the seller realize he cannot move his set for the past few weeks/months. Good for potential buyers
yes, very much.
the process of discussion (amidst fights) are actually quite good for the transaction market in the whole..

normally, in an illiquid market like coins, price discovery takes a long time. so our objective is to short circuit the process and force it fast.. that's all we want to do.. 8-)
Old 22-07-2013, 12:51 PM

Quote:
I completed my Koala set 2 months ago, at a lower price. Is my purchase price still valid to serve as a reference?
Quote:
Quote:

Just my 2c.
My answer is based on your point 3 in your previous post. I myself do not think prices with reference to months ago do help but if you think it might be helpful, indication of price source period is important.

Available

24Hr Hotline 9477-7774
Old 22-07-2013, 01:30 PM

Quote:
My answer is based on your point 3 in your previous post. I myself do not think prices with reference to months ago do help but if you think it might be helpful, indication of price source period is important.
I agree with you; I will not post my purchase price which is no longer valid.

Old 23-07-2013, 12:40 AM

Quote:
I think so too....

If your buying price is very low, but u are not selling and no more source for that price, buyers end up not buying from other seller who might not want to sell too low, then price starts to move up and buyer regrets....

For me, if u mentioned u bought at say $100 cheaper, i will die die squeeze info from u where u buy, not telling means u dont know (anyhow say just to spite other seller), dont have or not willing to share, which makes u look bad...

Best is with links to current price inclusive of those service like freight from overseas if its from ebay, how reliable, poor coin condition etc etc...

Chef
- lunar bullion, 2oz, 5oz, 10oz, kilo, color, gilded, proof * canadian wild life * legend of dragon * water series taku, aligator, swordfish * pamp gold bar snake and true happiness * 1oz bar and 5 oz bar and 10 oz bar.
Old 22-12-2013, 10:16 AM
Nosy Uncle

Added comment..
Old 22-12-2013, 10:56 AM

Noted the comments with thanks .

Busy days for the moderators

iherb reward code : MDR080