Gold Club Asia Forums

Go Back   Gold Club Asia Forums > Market Place > Personal Classifieds

Old 01-08-2011, 05:23 PM
寨主

Exclamation Changes to Classifieds Posting rules - READ BEFORE POSTING

1. There has been a recent spate of users who have started posting items for sale immediately upon registration. Many of such users do not contribute in other ways to the community here, such as posting views or opinions.
  2. To encourage greater sharing of ideas, and not have users merely treat GCA as a money-making platform, the posting rules for the Classifieds section has been changed.
  3. Only users who have at least 10 other posts in the forum are allowed to post in Classifieds to buy or sell items.
  4. Users who attempt to get around this rule by posting rubbish on other threads will have those postings deleted and serious offenders will be banned.
  5. Posting multiple articles within a short period of time will be taken as prima-facie evidence of trying to get around the rule.
  6. The rules governing advertising & promotion by companies continue to apply. Hence, companies still need to seek permission before promoting their services.
  7. Changes take effect immediately.

Best regards,
admin

Last edited by admin; 20-12-2011 at 08:32 PM.
Old 08-08-2011, 12:01 PM

Thumbs down PM

I was exchanging conversation with a member for the last few weeks until a message pop up and state that I couldn't sent my message because I have less than 15 posts.

How do I get there when I have nothing useful to contribute?
Old 08-08-2011, 03:04 PM

Try these websites, post somethings that you like for and related for precious metals.. Financial affecting our lives, trading, etc

Do somethings that would benefit yourself or others

Write your own review of experience and knowledge, comment on Gca articles
Www.kitco.com
Www.YouTube.cOm
Www.silverbullion.com.sg
Www.yahoo.com
Www.google.cOm
Www.gainsvillecoins.com
Other websites.....
Old 23-08-2011, 10:27 PM
寨主

User 'bullionshopsingapore' has been permanently banned for blatant and deliberate spamming of the site to achieve the required post-count for classifieds posting.

To the person using that account:

I did not spend time and money maintaining this website so that you can have free use of it to make money while slapping me in the face by making a mockery of the rules of the forum.
Old 23-08-2011, 11:17 PM

In support of admin who spends time and money maintaining this website, I would like to suggest that in the future, such offenders should be boycotted.
All members should rally together and not buy from the forum offender. And report to admin ASAP.

This suggestion is not to favour admin in any way, but its just to promote plain, basic courtesy. (When u enter a person's house, u follow the owner's rules. Its up to u if u want to question or argue against the rules, but dont break the rules).

Also, admin might want to consider giving alternative contact information (eg. handphone number) to some senior members (eg. Alor, who is online frequently and contributes a lot to this forum) so that these members can alert admin ASAP via sms in the event admin is offline.

My 5 cents worth with the little that I know about how this forum operates........just love this forum so hope every1 can cooperate to make this forum better and long-lasting for the benefit of all members.
Old 24-08-2011, 09:06 AM
寨主

Quote:
Originally Posted by aswadq View Post
In support of admin who spends time and money maintaining this website, I would like to suggest that in the future, such offenders should be boycotted.
All members should rally together and not buy from the forum offender. And report to admin ASAP.

This suggestion is not to favour admin in any way, but its just to promote plain, basic courtesy. (When u enter a person's house, u follow the owner's rules. Its up to u if u want to question or argue against the rules, but dont break the rules).

Also, admin might want to consider giving alternative contact information (eg. handphone number) to some senior members (eg. Alor, who is online frequently and contributes a lot to this forum) so that these members can alert admin ASAP via sms in the event admin is offline.

My 5 cents worth with the little that I know about how this forum operates........just love this forum so hope every1 can cooperate to make this forum better and long-lasting for the benefit of all members.
Thanks for your kind words of support.

I will look into the feasibility of your suggestions.

admin
Old 24-08-2011, 09:14 AM
寨主

Default Increase in Post-count Threshold

This is just to give everyone advance notice of some changes that I am contemplating.

As the gold market heats up further and make the transition to the next phase of the bull market, I expect more people to join the forum with the aim of selling their bullion products.

To safeguard the interests of the existing community of users, I intend to adjust the post-count threshold for putting up classified ads whenever I deem it proper to do so.

The next threshold that I plan to implement will be 15. It will be announced when it takes effect.

Thank you for the support and understanding.

Best regards,
admin
Old 24-08-2011, 01:05 PM
Nosy Uncle

might as well make it a membership site where if u pay a few, u get like a mailbox of 100 mails.. whereas non payer gets a quota of 5 pms..

why ? because imposing 15 posts requirement would float out alot of senseless postings like 'i agree' 'i think so' thingy..

waste space waste time.
Old 24-08-2011, 03:41 PM

i personally disagree with the idea of making it a paid membership site.
reason:
some people just not willing to pay, no matter how low the fee is.
some people cant afford to pay even if the fee is low.
and companies who just want to sell their items can just pay and spam the site.

another alternative is for admin to issue a key to new members with post count more than 10 or 15.
elaboration: once a member has posted 10 or 15 posts, admin will be made aware (using some automated system), then admin will review the members post to see if its good contribution. if admin is satisfied, admin gives the key and unlocks the ability to pm and post on classifieds.

another 5 cents worth........this means admin will need to do more admin.
Old 24-08-2011, 06:41 PM
Nosy Uncle

if they are going to pay and sell, i guess it will be fine..
make it different rates. commercial player and retail individuals..

and you can choose not to pay and use the forum as well (i.e. normal postings are fine but you can't get much PM for you to trade).

we have to figure out some easy way for admin to manage.. not to add more rules and impose more procedures that are tedious..

remember, the cost of the website has been footed by a few ppl while all of us sit and enjoy the fruit.. its fair to contribute..