Gold Club Asia Forums

Go Back   Gold Club Asia Forums > Gold Club Asia > Precious Metals - Gold & Silver

Old 14-08-2011, 10:30 PM

gold high was 1817.60
now 1745.70 (-71.90) some -43.10 to go down.

usually got pull back about -115

gold may go as low as 1670 , who knows.

price went up and now it goes down.
Old 14-08-2011, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mettle View Post
'Overpriced' sounds like something for the short term entry. For the long term, I find that it comes back to the question of "What is money?". Given the state of fiat currencies now, maybe what we have now is a window to 'exchange' fiat currencies with real money(i.e. gold & silver)? A chance to regain purchasing power?

James Turk has a video in which he showed that the purchasing power of gold to a barrel of oil has remained steady till now from a certain base year decades ago. But fiat currencies has steadily lost purchasing power. So the price of gold today is to reflect this reason.
Thanks for the advice mettle. In this case is it suggesting that buying bullion is wiser than numismatic, since ultimately the enterprise of silver investment should entail the characteristics of real money- liquid and practical (unlike numismatic whereby the premium is high and very difficult to sell)?
Old 15-08-2011, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jloydjay View Post
Hi I am new, can someone help me out? Is it still wise to buy gold now or it's too overpriced? I wonder how far the potential silver can go within the next five years...
You have to defined what you mean by overpriced. When Gold went above $1000, many "experts" warned that it was too expensive and would head lower. It then breached $1200 and still, "experts" said it was way too expensive. IMF started selling it's gold and India bought 200 tonnes at $1200. Then it went to $1,500 and more propaganda about gold bubble, creating the fear of buying gold

And now, at the all time historically high of $1800, Centrals banks ( bankters who used to hate gold and criticize it) are snapping gold at this "high price"
http://www.marketwatch.com/story/cen...old-2011-08-05

Question - if in 5 years time, gold is worth $4,000 or higher, is today's price $1800 cheap or overpriced.

Price is subjective. It about preservation of wealth and what are you doing about it.

If central banks are buying gold, it is sending clear signals that "unpredictable economic storms" are ahead.

Protect your wealth. You can use a simple ratio of 10% gold / 90% silver. I'm 20% Gold and 80% silver.
Old 15-08-2011, 02:24 AM

is the ratio in terms of cash value invested, or in terms of oz? i heard 50/50 is good. no idea why.
Old 15-08-2011, 09:27 AM

Me and my "chicken rice bubble"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Available

24Hr Hotline 9477-7774
Old 15-08-2011, 09:45 AM

according to technical indicator, it is overpriced now. RSI-14 > 70
as an investor one should wait till the technical indicator does not show a
overbrought condition.
My guess, if you buy now , you may lost USD75 - 150 /oz compared to buying after the correction. USD1600++ /oz
just wild guess only

Quote:
Originally Posted by javacoffee View Post
You have to defined what you mean by overpriced. When Gold went above $1000, many "experts" warned that it was too expensive and would head lower. It then breached $1200 and still, "experts" said it was way too expensive. IMF started selling it's gold and India bought 200 tonnes at $1200. Then it went to $1,500 and more propaganda about gold bubble, creating the fear of buying gold

And now, at the all time historically high of $1800, Centrals banks ( bankters who used to hate gold and criticize it) are snapping gold at this "high price"
http://www.marketwatch.com/story/cen...old-2011-08-05

Question - if in 5 years time, gold is worth $4,000 or higher, is today's price $1800 cheap or overpriced.

Price is subjective. It about preservation of wealth and what are you doing about it.

If central banks are buying gold, it is sending clear signals that "unpredictable economic storms" are ahead.

Protect your wealth. You can use a simple ratio of 10% gold / 90% silver. I'm 20% Gold and 80% silver.
Old 15-08-2011, 10:25 AM

Agree with technicals being overbought but Gold and Silver is not determined by Free Market. It is heavily manipulated and therefore, charts are not reflective of the true market sentiments. There are less physical gold and silver than what is being traded

Read this article "8 years of global Silver supply changed hands last week (on paper!)"
http://politicalmetals.com/tag/margins/

And why silver in not in a bubble
http://silverstockreport.com/2011/dip.html

I've been trying to pick the bottom for years and sometimes, I missed it. So I average out. Basically, I'm bullish on the long term

And with regards to technical, Prechter has been wrong consistently on gold
Old 15-08-2011, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by getiton View Post
is the ratio in terms of cash value invested, or in terms of oz? i heard 50/50 is good. no idea why.
In terms on physical.
As to ratio, it is just a guide. There is no right or wrong. If you can go for 50/50, why not. Ben Davies is more than 75% into gold
Old 15-08-2011, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alor View Post
gold high was 1817.60
now 1745.70 (-71.90) some -43.10 to go down.

usually got pull back about -115

gold may go as low as 1670 , who knows.

price went up and now it goes down.
the supporting data, short covering was done, that was the reason for recent run up. usually after the cover it comes down.

http://www.gotgoldreport.com/2011/08...a-big-dog.html

COMEX Swap Dealers Cover Gold Shorts like a Big Dog

Last edited by alor; 16-08-2011 at 12:48 AM.