Gold Club Asia Forums

Go Back   Gold Club Asia Forums > Gold Club Asia > Polls and Surveys

View Poll Results: Where do you do your Unit Trust Investments?
Fundsupermart 1 16.67%
DollarDEX 1 16.67%
POEMS 2 33.33%
My Bank 1 16.67%
Other 2 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-10-2013, 09:38 AM

Default Where do you do your Unit Trust Investments?

I've been using Fundsupermart for a long time but maybe there is a better place out there?

So what are you all using?
Old 14-10-2013, 09:43 PM

I have given up on Unit Trusts. I can get more returns via dividend stocks.
Old 14-10-2013, 09:57 PM

some funds during promotion will have zero sales charges with poems. How much sales charge is fundsupermart?
Old 16-10-2013, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by havefun View Post
some funds during promotion will have zero sales charges with poems. How much sales charge is fundsupermart?
  • Regular Savings Plans (RSP) 0% sales charge
  • WISE funds (over 50 selected bond funds) 0% sales charge
  • Money Market, Short Duration Bond funds 0% sales charge
  • non WISE Fixed Income funds 0.2% sales charge
  • Equity funds (including Balanced funds) 0.5% sales charge, subject to a minimum of $10 per transaction
  • Fund switch between the same tier (eg. Equity to Equity) 0% sales charge
  • Fund switch from a lower to higher tier (eg. WISE fund to Equity fund) 0.5% sales charge, subject to a minimum of $10 per transaction

Unfortunately, on top of this they have the dreaded "platform charge"
  • Fixed income 0.05% per quarter
  • Others (alternative investments, balanced, equity etc)
    -First $50,000 0.125% per quarter
    -Next $150,000 0.11% per quarter
    -Next $300,000 0.09% per quarter
    -Remaining investments above $500,000 0.05% per quarter

which can amount to quite a lot.
Old 11-11-2013, 10:00 PM

Wink

I have given Unit Trust investment after 2008 down turn which I lost 45% in the worst period and hold until it to go back to 20% lost then make a lost to sell. The theory of diversify the risk and lost across different sector, different country, different continent & etc... doesn't work. The 2008 financial down turn is Global and it broke all the Unit Trust thats sales man told me. After I make a lost and re-invest in property I win back whatever I lost plus profit. Now I trust PM and invest in PM which I believe is a good investment.
Old 17-11-2013, 10:16 PM

I completely agree...never invest in units trust!! They only skim money from you in terms of high fees and you are not protected in any way. I started in units trust more than 20 years ago and have never made a single cent from it. And this is my real account - I have a couple of portfolio in UOB which I have kept for about 8 years and still 40% down. So finally in Jun this year, I decided to liquidate all into cash. The Financial advisor in UOB told me that I was given bad advice and should have switched my money into other performing funds. The previous financial advisor was't doing his job. OK, she sounded convincing and so, I decided to take her advice and invested in some safe and dividend based unit trust under "moderate risk". Four months later, I decided to check on the portfolio and to my shock, my portfolio was down 30%! I called the FA and she didn't pick up my calls. After a few weeks, I managed to get her and she admitted that the funds are not doing well and I should consider other funds. Obviously I didn't have kind words for her.

Bottomline, if you want to invest, go directly into equities and avoid these unit trusts which are very complicated and carry high risk as you'll never know what toxic asset they bundle in.