Gold Club Asia Forums

Go Back   Gold Club Asia Forums > Gold Club Asia > Polls and Surveys

View Poll Results: how many FULL (1990-2013) Australian 1oz Silver Kookaburra Sets do U own???
0 sets. And Im not interested in kooks. 19 40.43%
0 sets. And I wish I have at least a set. 9 19.15%
1-3 FULL (1990-2013) Australian 1oz Silver Kookaburra Sets 13 27.66%
4-6 FULL (1990-2013) Australian 1oz Silver Kookaburra Sets 1 2.13%
7-10 FULL (1990-2013) Australian 1oz Silver Kookaburra Sets 2 4.26%
More than 10 FULL (1990-2013) 1oz Australian Silver Kookaburra Sets 3 6.38%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 31-07-2013, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeier View Post
I don't disagree. This is more like describing the process of declaring and proclaiming that a 'majority of forumer' likes kook. Which has not alot of meaning in the first place.
Not many people would understand the point that you were driving in your post and I was helping you to be explicit and completing the statement that the best is to leave the numbers at that.

I guess from the poll we won't be able to determine the demand for the kooks set. It is more likely to establish the physical number of sets available in the forum. It can be 50, it can be 100, but I doubt it will be any more than a thousand. Not many people understand the limiting factor to accomplish the full set. That takes experience and most probably the best person to answer is someone who deals with collecting coins since 1990.

Old 31-07-2013, 04:39 PM

Quote:
I don't disagree. This is more like describing the process of declaring and proclaiming that a 'majority of forumer' likes kook. Which has not alot of meaning in the first place.
if u had any amount of brain, u would have realized that this poll was started aroind the time when thinkingcap was asking if there was value in her kook set. this was also when members like yrself got conned into defending a FEMALE newbie for her personal objectives.

as a "moderator", instead of condemming peoplea efforts, u should be more positive n encourage people to participate such that we can actually learn something from these polls. with yr negative, narrow and arrogant mindset, where u paint a picture in yr small peabrain, that u r superior to people, this describes yr character and intellectual capability. n u actually display how u r actually a hindrance to the growth of this community.

i humbly request u to have sufficient respect towards all people in this communityandstep away from yr role as a "moderator" as u have displayed how lowly u r
Old 31-07-2013, 05:19 PM
Nosy Uncle

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernardteoh View Post
Not many people would understand the point that you were driving in your post and I was helping you to be explicit and completing the statement that the best is to leave the numbers at that.

I guess from the poll we won't be able to determine the demand for the kooks set. It is more likely to establish the physical number of sets available in the forum. It can be 50, it can be 100, but I doubt it will be any more than a thousand. Not many people understand the limiting factor to accomplish the full set. That takes experience and most probably the best person to answer is someone who deals with collecting coins since 1990.

can you please manage your good friend. one more outburst to pick fight like that and i think i will have him permanently banned. tiring to read.

and i think you know what i was commenting on. if you don't then go read back on all the posts.

generally i forgive easily but there are always people who 'make thieve heart weak' ... then let that be.
Old 31-07-2013, 05:38 PM

" just a simple poll to see how many Australian 1oz silver kookaburra sets members here own.

the objective is to gauge the interest in the kookaburra sets.
thank u all for participating"

May I just add that:

How many sets that a member " OWNED " and " INTEREST " in owning the sets are entirely different. A person who owns many sets may not have an interests in the products itself but may perceived it as an instruments for gaining better returns in future. For me, it is a strategy for getting better income than current returns from various form of investments.

I am NOT CONCERNED ABOUT its conditions or the capsules it originates with. Just as DBM Ms Lim says " I will not hesitate to dump everything IF THE PRICE IS RIGHT "

I never cared about the inconvenient square capsules or its originality mint or re-mint. Just pure commercial considerations.

So anyone not in the same wavelength as me; I will never say bad things, but if they sell to me at my asking price, I may give them my wife's beloved "Hello Kitty"
Old 31-07-2013, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny View Post
How many sets that a member " OWNED " and " INTEREST " in owning the sets are entirely different. A person who owns many sets may not have an interests in the products itself but may perceived it as an instruments for gaining better returns in future.
You are absolutely right. The survey need not have included the interest to own a set so as to keep its objective clear, even though the sample size is not big at all to establish any significant level of confidence. As for knowing the level of interest in a full set of kooks, it can simply be done under another poll with either yes or no options. That will be very clear. Nevertheless, it's the poll starter's perogative on how the response options are designed.

I think it's a small matter, don't have to make a mountain out of a molehill. I think members are not so dumb and unable to discern a comment as a joke, an opinion, or an argument. Peace peace...
Old 31-07-2013, 06:36 PM

Quote:
can you please manage your good friend. one more outburst to pick fight like that and i think i will have him permanently banned. tiring to read.

and i think you know what i was commenting on. if you don't then go read back on all the posts.

generally i forgive easily but there are always people who 'make thieve heart weak' ... then let that be.
please dont imagine yet again its an outburst.
anyways i humbly apologize that my comment has caused u much "distress".

however, cautioning members on use and manipulations of statistics versus discrediting efforts to conduct a poll by saying it has little meaning is totally different.
it is such negative actions that is wrong coming from a moderator. n its not even the topic of the poll.

i have made my apology for causing u "distress". dont threaten to ban members when they point out yr flaws. i hope u can see the mistake u made as a "moderator".
Old 31-07-2013, 06:44 PM

Actually we can already see the interest to own a set is pretty low, 5 Yes, 14 No.

Number of people with at least a set is only 13.

But can anyone really believe the results? Probably no. Why no? Small sample size? Forum sample not representative of the real population out there? Biased responses due to more active members participation? That is why I have commented earlier such a poll (or any poll done in this forum) cannot be taken seriously. Now I have to say no offense to all previous poll starters too, Lol. But I hope you all get my point.
Old 31-07-2013, 08:02 PM

I anything also like. I am going to own a full set of kooks this fri, hehe
Old 31-07-2013, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pika View Post
Actually we can already see the interest to own a set is pretty low, 5 Yes, 14 No.

Number of people with at least a set is only 13.

But can anyone really believe the results? Probably no. Why no? Small sample size? Forum sample not representative of the real population out there? Biased responses due to more active members participation? That is why I have commented earlier such a poll (or any poll done in this forum) cannot be taken seriously. Now I have to say no offense to all previous poll starters too, Lol. But I hope you all get my point.
what number of participants would be representative? 100, 1000, 84000 ?
we make do with what we have. we try. we encourage.
this is no a "pro" survey site eh...so we get everybodys point regarding statistics. we seem to have tons of statisticians and commentators here.

my humble opinion is...bernardteoh put it across very well...take the nunbers "as it is". and if we have members here smart enuf to understand "jokes" then tn they shoukd be smart enuf to understand whatever they can read from the poll numbers.

lets be more positive and create an encouraging atmosphere for the community. encourage freedom with accountability. peace to u and everyone.
Old 31-07-2013, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aswadq View Post
what number of participants would be representative? 100, 1000, 84000 ?
300, or more.