Gold Club Asia Forums

Go Back   Gold Club Asia Forums > Gold Club Asia > Newbies' Corner

Old 08-02-2014, 02:16 PM

Default How to check for mintage of coins?

Hi there, a bit of a noob question but thats why posting in newbies' corner.
How to check mintage of numis coins? Been looking around checking mintages of Aussie Kooks but been getting conflicting numbers, even from the perth mint website the pdfs don't state them very clearly..
Old 09-02-2014, 12:02 AM

Hi, fellow newbie here too, but I'll give my two cents to get the ball rolling

Not all countries mints declare their mintage clearly (i.e. a clear website showing a list of all mintages), and this is especially true for special edition coins.

That being said, I believe Perth mint stated quite clearly. Mind explaining why you think that Perth mint's mintage wasn't stated clearly? Maybe I've missed out on something
Old 09-02-2014, 11:58 PM

The pdf that you can download for each year is abit confusing, they have mintages for 1 oz but also the 1/10 oz to 1kg set. So are the mintage the total amount including the sets? And according to some collectors certains' mintages are alot lesser than the stated..
Old 11-02-2014, 07:06 AM

From what I understand, the 1oz one count is exclusive of the 1/10oz to 1kg set. Don't think anyone with the whole set will sell it separately. As for the lower mintage numbers than reported, I have no comment. Just got to trust the mint I guess? There isn't any other way to find out how many of that coin is available in that year. Hope this helps
Old 13-02-2014, 04:58 PM

Thanks for trying to answer, still confused as ever which is why I was and still am so hesitant with entering the numis market.. too many variables to look out for and not a guaranteed premium... probably will just collect designs I like than chase sets and stick to good ol fashioned bullion for stacking