Gold Club Asia Forums

Go Back   Gold Club Asia Forums > Gold Club Asia > Newbies' Corner

Old 10-02-2014, 10:32 AM

Pawnshop earning very good busines.
Spot dive but still selling 62.50 per gram . Pawnshop is the worst place to buy bullion

iherb reward code : MDR080

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 10-02-2014, 01:02 PM
Nosy Uncle

Quote:
Originally Posted by lim View Post
Spot dive but still selling 62.50 per gram . Pawnshop is the worst place to buy bullion
i bot a 2002 gold panda from them leh.. 8-( ouch how how how
Old 10-02-2014, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeier View Post
i bot a 2002 gold panda from them leh.. 8-( ouch how how how
Lol if you bought the 2002 panda from them now then its a damn good catch even at spot. Is it a 1 oz coin freeier ?

Anyway will post an update regarding ease of liquidation at chain stores like ValueMax, MaxiCash for Philharmonics. I can't vouch for individual entities since I never visited one. But at least I can post updates for where I have been to.
Old 10-02-2014, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lim View Post
Hi Lim

Yup agreed I still thought pawnshop might not have GST since I read in the forums they are selling under another set of rules. But at 62.50gm per gram might as well I pay the GST and buy from GSC ~_~
Old 10-02-2014, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altima View Post
You wouldn't want to buy any coins from pawnshops as they tend to quote you based on the price of gold per gram.

I was quoted close to 1900++ for the latest 1oz gold panda!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruidetk View Post
Just to share my experience, I went to one of the chain pawn shops to check a 1/4 oz Canadian Gold Maple, at lucky plaza (forgot which company) since they had a "promotion" going on, and I was quoted $490. Forgot which year alr but I think its 2012 or 2011. BullionStar sells at around $450. So yep I think its not as worth buying cold billion from pawnshops.
Quote:
Originally Posted by anlok View Post
It's at Tampines Central. Selling to them is no issue from my past experience but their selling price for coins is not attractive. The last time I saw, they are selling SM 10th Anni bullion coin at $500 cos they take it as collectibles. Not encouraged to buy coins from them. And anyway, I suspect they melted alot of coins rather then sell as their crowd is more like market uncle & aunties who are buying jewelleries only.
Hi anlok, ruidetk, Altima.

Thanks for the information xD.
Old 11-02-2014, 11:04 AM

Buying bullion from pawnshop used to be good before GST was removed by IRAS. Now, dealers like BWSS, GSC, etc are offering better retail price. But for small fractional bars like 1g & 2.5g, pawnshops are still way cheaper. But guess this size doesn't appeal to members here due to premium.

As for selling, pawnshops are still one of the ready avenues to sell, especially in large quantities. And probably most people don't know, you can negotiate buy/sell prices if a) you are on familiar terms with that particular shop & b) the quantity you are buying/selling is big.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Available

24Hr Hotline 9477-7774
Old 11-02-2014, 12:34 PM

Default PawnShops

Pawnshops can sometime be a place to find rare and old but well kept coins or fractional coins.

Recent catch from a chain type of pawn shop, a piece of Sing Mint Cameo 2005 gold coin. Had done a check, when it was launched in 2005, was sold at SGD 250 with GST........ Still getting it at almost the price in year 2014 at Pawn shop.

Pawnshops are good fishing ponds if u are looking for rare & fractional gold coins....... My usual shopping spots over weekend.
Old 11-02-2014, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnetMan View Post
Pawnshops can sometime be a place to find rare and old but well kept coins or fractional coins.

Recent catch from a chain type of pawn shop, a piece of Sing Mint Cameo 2005 gold coin. Had done a check, when it was launched in 2005, was sold at SGD 250 with GST........ Still getting it at almost the price in year 2014 at Pawn shop.

Pawnshops are good fishing ponds if u are looking for rare & fractional gold coins....... My usual shopping spots over weekend.
hm... seems like a good point! shall walk into all the pawn shops I see from now on to see if I can get some hidden treasures!

they don't buy/sell silver right?
Old 11-02-2014, 05:42 PM
Nosy Uncle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazenca View Post
Lol if you bought the 2002 panda from them now then its a damn good catch even at spot. Is it a 1 oz coin freeier ?

Anyway will post an update regarding ease of liquidation at chain stores like ValueMax, MaxiCash for Philharmonics. I can't vouch for individual entities since I never visited one. But at least I can post updates for where I have been to.
that was a costly coin. not at spot at all. 1/2 oz... 50% premium i think...
Old 11-02-2014, 05:44 PM
Nosy Uncle

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnetMan View Post

honestly, these days, rarely u can get anything decent there..
SG Mint yes.. but again those coins are launched at ridiculous price and not alot of followers.. 8-P

those that follow tend not to sell it until it hit their buying price... which is going to be quite a while for the last 3 years golds.