$30k - $50k 1 6.25%
$50k - $100k 5 31.25%
$100k - $200k 3 18.75%
$200k and more 7 43.75%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Old 31-12-2014, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldScaraB View Post
How much amount is enough depends on total financial liability of individual along with family commitment if applicable plus total daily lifestyle expenses.
So the amount may vary.
That's the reason the poll is based on dollars & not months. I too feel that 6 months is inadequate.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Available

24Hr Hotline 9477-7774
Old 31-12-2014, 06:49 PM

Per Annum

30-50k for basic living
50-100k for modern living
100-200k for luxury living
200k above for living without worries

30-50k cannot afford to have chronic health issues
50-100k can afford basic healthcare
100-200k can afford advance healthcare
200k above enjoy healthcare hospitality
Old 01-01-2015, 12:30 PM

Financial planning is one aspect of it but emotion plays a big part.

I was out of work for three months this year. I have enough money to last 12 months as so discussed here in this thread. Still the emotional journey is enough to stress oneself.

You do not know when you will be able to find work next. You try to spend as little as possible, resulting in stress in the family (cannot buy this cannot buy that).

You get upset with many things. Gold price drop, stock drop.

My point. Having more and more is better......hahaha. Can last 24 months better still. That is why I voted 100K to 200K.

Old 01-01-2015, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowdown View Post

I was out of work for three months this year. I have enough money to last 12 months as so discussed here in this thread. Still the emotional journey is enough to stress oneself.

You do not know when you will be able to find work next. You try to spend as little as possible, resulting in stress in the family (cannot buy this cannot buy that).

My point. Having more and more is better......hahaha. Can last 24 months better still. That is why I voted 100K to 200K.

Fully agree on the emotional part. I'm never in comfort zone. Always stress. When I have business, I worry when business will slow down. When business is slow, I worry when it'll pick up.

不死也没用

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Available

24Hr Hotline 9477-7774
Old 01-01-2015, 02:42 PM

Fully agree having more cash at hand is better. But saving more also means consuming less now.

A lifestyle of minimum consumption make sense to me. One can last longer with the same amount of money and it also means less adjustment and less emotions when things goes the wrong way.

The difficult part is convince the people around to adopted such a lifestyle, especially when times are good and you can obviously afford more.
Old 01-01-2015, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
Fully agree having more cash at hand is better. But saving more also means consuming less now.

A lifestyle of minimum consumption make sense to me. One can last longer with the same amount of money and it also means less adjustment and less emotions when things goes the wrong way.

The difficult part is convince the people around to adopted such a lifestyle, especially when times are good and you can obviously afford more.
My wife always tell me "没钱, 没得花. 有钱, 不舍得花. Wait till we die, use our money buy joss paper then spend ar?"

Available

24Hr Hotline 9477-7774
Old 01-01-2015, 10:22 PM

Hmm…i see money as a means to reach your goal in life, which is full of uncertainty ahead. Money itself should not be the goal.

As long as you can achieve your goal in life, it shouldn't matter if the money is spent on gold coins or joss paper.

Unless your goal in life is to spend a lot of money
Old 01-01-2015, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
Unless your goal in life is to spend a lot of money
My goal in life is to possess a lot of money

Available

24Hr Hotline 9477-7774
Old 01-01-2015, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowdown View Post

But is this amount achievable in your financial situation?

Available

24Hr Hotline 9477-7774
Old 01-01-2015, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anlok View Post
My goal in life is to possess a lot of money

Possess a lot of money to?

a. Just to feel shiok keeping it
b. Let your wife spend so she feel shiok
c. You spend it yourself and feel shiok
d.Leave for the children and they feel shiok
e.Buy joss paper
f. others please specify:

Everyone will have will have different answer to why they need money, but generally the goal in life is to 'feel shiok'. So most people are actually going for the 'feel' and not really the money