Gold Club Asia Forums

Go Back   Gold Club Asia Forums > Gold Club Asia > Polls and Surveys

View Poll Results: Do you believe gold spot will achieve 1800 or more by end 2014?
Yes 3 11.54%
No 22 84.62%
Neutral 1 3.85%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Old 29-04-2014, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel.yrh View Post
Voted no, in fact I think gold will test $11xx in 2014 again and if that doesn't hold it might drop further to $10xx. We have seen Ukraine and other news and those did not even gave gold a kick.

Not even bad news can prop the spot price up, all fundamentals lost.
Sadly, I agree with daniel.yrh, but on the bright side, I took Anlok advise and start my plan to stack up monthly with a comfortable budget
Old 29-04-2014, 08:48 PM

Yeah buy some physicals and wait till spot rise, might be months or years and one day it will be higher than what we had paid.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 29-04-2014, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel.yrh View Post
Voted no, in fact I think gold will test $11xx in 2014 again and if that doesn't hold it might drop further to $10xx. We have seen Ukraine and other news and those did not even gave gold a kick.

Not even bad news can prop the spot price up, all fundamentals lost.
I agree with what you say. But to go below 1100, think chances not that high... Hopefully.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlim1969 View Post
Sadly, I agree with daniel.yrh, but on the bright side, I took Anlok advise and start my plan to stack up monthly with a comfortable budget
I've been doing that for many many years & I believe gold will surpass the previous high of 1900, eventually.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Available

24Hr Hotline 9477-7774
Old 29-04-2014, 09:06 PM

Voted no.

Anyway doesnt matter to me at the moment as I am stacking for my kids so I still got 16 years to wait.

As long as 16 years later 1 oz Gold can pay for 1 semester of university education, i'm happy already.
Old 29-04-2014, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel6886 View Post
As long as 16 years later 1 oz Gold can pay for 1 semester of university education, i'm happy already.
Wah, this one bo guarantee wor.

Available

24Hr Hotline 9477-7774
Old 30-04-2014, 10:38 AM

I voted no. I expect the price will consolidate between USD18-23 for the rest of the year 2014.

If there is a breakout happens, downward has higher chance.

But since so many ppl voted no, market ususally go opposite. We could have a big surprise if most of us is wrong. The surprise is good to us.
Old 30-04-2014, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGHAF View Post
I voted no. I expect the price will consolidate between USD18-23 for the rest of the year 2014.

If there is a breakout happens, downward has higher chance.

But since so many ppl voted no, market ususally go opposite. We could have a big surprise if most of us is wrong. The surprise is good to us.
it may depends on the stacks, for someone who has a lot, if the price go north it is most welcome. but for majority of new entry... they would miss out tremendously if they wait too long.

just too many negative currently. it is time to make a stand.
Old 30-04-2014, 02:43 PM

bro alor...
honestly...

if silver reach 50 bucks... would u sell ?

I wont....if i sell.. i'm out of position... i always feel uneasy holding fiat
Old 30-04-2014, 02:53 PM

I think the price should be 1400 to 1500 by end of the year. I believe it will go down and then rebound at the second half of the year.
Old 30-04-2014, 03:04 PM

Default nice read here

4-29-2014 TUESDAY AFTER LUNCH MONEY MEMO

By the Financial Foghorn

More Pain or More Gain?

"Since 1985, there have only been three occasions when the miners have experienced a three-year decline but there has NEVER been a fourth consecutive down year. 2014 is "Year Four." Analyst Michael Ballanger, Richardson GMP

Three sons come downstairs and sit at the breakfast table on a Saturday morning. Their mother asks the oldest boy what he'd like for breakfast.

The oldest son says, I'd like some fuckin' French toast. Mom is outraged at this language, smacks him, and sends him upstairs.

When Mom calms down, she asks the second son what he'd like for breakfast.

And the second son says, "Well, that leaves more fuckin' French toast for me."

Mom is livid, smacks him too, and sends him back up to his room. Cut to Mom having an adult beverage.

Finally, she looks at her youngest son and asks him what he'd like for breakfast.

"I don't know," he says meekly, "But I definitely don't want the fuckin' French toast."

And as Monty Python used to say; now for something completely different.

(Midas) US Gold Exports - 80T in Jan.2014, by Steve St. Angelo, 4/25/2014

"The U.S. exported 80 tons of gold in January. As you might guess, the bulk of it (57 tons) was sent to Hong Kong and the next largest amount to the Swiss. Germany "requested" last year that 300 of their 1,500 tons be sent back from the N.Y. Fed... and they received 5 tons, but as Jeffrey Christian assures us...Germany isn't worried and "they don't really want their gold back."

The U.S. exported a total of 488 tons last year, so 80 tons in January would represent more than 16% of last years total. If this were to become the new "run rate" for the next 12 months, we would end up exporting nearly 1,000 tons!

The mines collectively in the U.S. only produce 240 tons of gold per year. How can we export more gold than we actually produce? Where's it coming from? And the really important question is "why"? Why are we exporting more than we produce? What are we getting in return? Are we getting "dollars"? This would be really dumb as we can (and have) printed bazillions of these and done it for free...why would we need more of them? Are we getting oil in return? If this were the case, then "shooting oneself in the other foot" would come to mind as "oil for gold" is taboo and several "rulers" have even lost their lives for even suggesting this trade. Cough, cough, Saddam, Kaddafi, cough.

I'll give you my belief flat out. We are sending lots of tonnes of gold mainly to China because if we don't...they will pull the plug on our financial system. Once the flow of gold to China stops...they will view it as a default. China will not pull the plug as long as we continue to send gold because they want as much as they can get...but more importantly they want to know that "we are out"...completely.

Do you remember "Soviet" gold that was hitting the world markets back in 1989 and 1990. The bars that were surfacing then had the "Czar's stamp" on them which meant they were fabricated before 1917. This was an absolute tell that the Soviet Union was at the very bottom of their gold barrel. They were forced to sell the last of their gold, gold which had been fabricated at least 70 years prior.

James Turk of www.goldmoney.com wrote last Tuesday that U.S. gold with fabrication dates going back to the 1960's has recently been turning up on global markets. Why? Connect your own dots if you'd like, but this says to me that we are digging pretty deep into the pile to make delivery. I will remind you that the Soviet Union broke apart roughly 6 months after the "Czar bars" started to turn up.

And GOFO rates are in their fifth month of backwardation which theoretically cannot happen. Buyers want physical gold...NOW."

Gold is ripe for a rally. Here's a little Biderman music, grumbling about stock market rigging in 2012, three years after Joe Saluzzi was grumbling about it, and no doubt three years after the NYSE and every other market maker started doing it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9u_v9bftQ2A

Lewis, Biderman, Saluzzi, and others who are muttering about stock market rigging still don't want to talk about the gold market rigging, the critically important market of them all. The one market that rules them all.

And if the web Gods smile upon us, here's McG doing another Freedomslips radio show: http://www.financialfoghorn.com/interviews/.

All market rigs end. It's not like fuckin' french toast.