Gold Club Asia Forums

Go Back   Gold Club Asia Forums > Gold Club Asia > Economy and Stock Markets

Old 14-01-2012, 09:23 AM

Default Altair Ventures Kena Gold

Richard (Rick) Mills
Ahead of the Herd

A couple of times a year I come across a company that gives Ahead of the Herd members, and readers of my articles, a chance to get into an excellent play well ahead of the retail herd.

Altair Ventures Inc TSX.V - AVX

Altair has recently optioned the Kena project (7,609 hectares) from Sultan Minerals and can earn up to a 75% interest. The Kena project is located in the Province of British Columbia, Canada near Nelson (located in the bottom east corner of the province).

Infrastructure is excellent as there’s power, rail and a major highway on the property. A well developed network of logging roads is used to access the rest of the property. Exploration and development work on the project can be done during most of the year, cell phones work and you can also access the internet from the project area. This is an extremely receptive to mining area with Nelson being a major supply center for the resource extraction industry.

http://aheadoftheherd.com/Newsletter...-Kena-Gold.htm
Old 21-01-2012, 08:37 AM

Default Cangold – More Than Meets the Eye

In late April 2011, Cangold Ltd. TSX.V – CLD, signed a letter of intent with Brigus Gold Corp. (formerly Linear Gold). By paying one million dollars and issuing six million shares to Brigus, CLD entered into an option agreement to acquire a 75% interest in the Ixhuatan advanced stage gold project.

The Deal

To earn its 75% interest Cangold will be required to pay to Brigus a total of CDN$10 million and issue twenty million shares over a three year period. CLD also has to complete an independent third party feasibility study on the Campamento Deposit located on the Ixhuatan property.

Brigus will receive a payment of CDN$5.00 per ounce of gold in the Proven and Probable category included in the feasibility study and has a two percent net smelter royalty (NSR) on production.

http://aheadoftheherd.com/Newsletter...s-the-Eye.html
Old 28-01-2012, 11:26 AM

Default North American Nickel's In Greenland

Richard (Rick) Mills
Ahead of the Herd

North American Nickel TSX.V – NAN has acquired a Mineral Exploration License on the southwest coast of Greenland that grants exclusive exploration rights to a 4,841 sq km area.

NAN’s Maniitsoq property hosts numerous high-grade drill indicated and surface outcrop exposures of nickel – copper sulphide mineralization associated with mafic-ultramafic intrusions. Given its vast size and the abundance of nickel-copper sulphide occurrences, the Maniitsoq area has seen very little exploration activity.

The only drilling for nickel on the property was done between 1965 and 1972 by Kryolitselskabet Øresund (A/S-KØ). KØ drilled 119 holes totaling 6,287 meters - average depth 53 meters. The drilling tested exposed sulphide mineralization and shallow electromagnetic (EM) anomalies directly associated with the exposed mineralization.

http://aheadoftheherd.com/Newsletter...-Greenland.htm
Old 04-02-2012, 11:03 AM

Default Magnequench Has Left the Building

Richard (Rick) Mills
Ahead of the Herd

Critical materials have been described in various ways, with perhaps the clearest being the following two definitions:

A critical or strategic material is a commodity whose lack of availability during a national emergency would seriously affect the economic, industrial, and defensive capability of a country.

The critical materials are natural resources that have a threatened supply availability and are a necessity for technology that is experiencing growing demand.

http://aheadoftheherd.com/Newsletter...-Building.html
Old 11-02-2012, 01:35 PM

Default Hudson's Neodymium Magnet Mine

Richard (Rick) Mills
Ahead of the Herd

he Sarfartoq Carbonatite Complex, in west Greenland, is 100% controlled by Hudson Resources TSX.V – HUD and is one of the worlds largest carbonatite complexes having approximate dimensions of 13km X 8 km.

The minerals of economic interest are:

Pyrochlore - a niobium and tantalum oxide. In the core of the complex there are high uranium levels corresponding with exceptionally high concentrations of niobium and tantalum, concentrations which are unusually high in comparison to other such deposits throughout the world - the Sarfartoq Project has produced some of the highest known niobium intercepts.

http://aheadoftheherd.com/Newsletter...agnet-Mine.htm
Old 30-03-2012, 04:26 PM

Default Ahead Of the Herd With Strike Graphite

Richard (Rick) Mills
AheadoftheHerd.com

Today I’m speaking with Jody Dahrouge of Dahrouge Geological Consulting Ltd. Dahrouge Geological is in charge of the exploration programs for Strike Graphite Corp. TSX.V – SRK

Graphite has long been used in the aviation, automotive, sports, steel and plastic industries, as well as in the manufacture of bearings and lubricants. Graphite is an excellent conductor of heat and electricity, is corrosion and heat resistant and is also strong and light.

http://aheadoftheherd.com/Newsletter...-Graphite.html
Old 18-04-2012, 08:14 PM

Default Ahead of the Herd With Hudson Resources

Richard (Rick) Mills
Ahead of the Herd

Today I’m speaking with Jamie Tuer, President of Hudson Resources TSX.V – HUD.

Hudson Resources is focused on the Sarfartoq Carbonatite Project. The Sarfartoq Carbonatite Complex, in west Greenland, is one of the world’s largest carbonatite complexes having approximate dimensions of 13km X 8 km.

The distribution of individual rare earth oxides, as a percentage of the total rare earth oxides, demonstrate a high proportion of neodymium oxide to total rare earth oxides.

http://aheadoftheherd.com/Newsletter...-Resources.htm
Old 24-04-2012, 10:57 PM

Default Ahead of The Herd With Planet Mining Exploration

Richard (Rick) Mills
Ahead of the Herd

Today I’m speaking with Christopher Taylor, M.Sc, P.Geo, President and Director of Planet Mining Exploration TSX.V – PXI

Rick: Tell us a little about yourself Chris.

Chris: I was a project geologist with Imperial Metals. I worked on their Red Chris and Mount Polley mines in British Columbia and ran an epithermal gold exploration project for them in Nevada for several years, the Sterling Gold Mine which is currently going into production.

Although I was familiar with the development and production part of the mining cycle I really wanted to get involved with junior explorers, the grassroots kind of work they do, that initial part of the development process where they secure a property, make a discovery and advance it to a resource.

With a partner I set up the Preakness Group, where we run mineral exploration projects and manage junior mining companies. Our annual exploration budget, across all the Preakness Group of companies, is $10-$15 million.

http://aheadoftheherd.com/Newsletter...xploration.htm
Old 16-05-2012, 09:55 PM

Default Terraco Gold

Richard (Rick) Mills
Ahead of the Herd

Almost 200,000 people heading to the California gold fields crossed through what is now Nevada via the California Trail. While many of them camped close to the confluence of the Humboldt River and Maggie Creek in northeastern Nevada none had any idea they were just a very short distance away from one of the most prolific gold deposits in the world.

The area, known as the Carlin Trend, is a belt of gold deposits roughly eight kilometers (km) wide by sixty km long extending in a north-northwest direction through the town of Carlin, Nevada. The Carlin Trend has yielded more than 50 million ounces since its discovery - the entire California Gold Rush produced 40 million ounces.

http://aheadoftheherd.com/Newsletter...rraco-Gold.htm
Old 02-06-2012, 11:44 AM

Default A Ripple Effect Creates A Trickle Down Investment

By Richard (Rick) Mills
Ahead of the herd

When looking for a dominant investment theme the approach I take involves looking at global or big picture conditions. I study trends, read the news, basically watch and listen to what’s going on in the world. What I’m looking for is a trend so powerful, so dominant, it’s going to be my guide to where I invest – I focus on the factors that I think will drive headlines going forward.

This is “Top Down” investing and in this author’s opinion is the most rewarding way to invest.

In the resource sector there are considerable opportunities presenting themselves - investable themes always blossom from major trends.

http://aheadoftheherd.com/Newsletter...nvestment.html