Gold Club Asia Forums

Go Back   Gold Club Asia Forums > Gold Club Asia > Precious Metals - Gold & Silver

Old 04-11-2012, 01:28 PM

The Straits Times today had a rather large article advising people to buy gold. Looks like the mass buying may start soon. Not sure if you all notice but the government usually drop a lot of subliminal hints through the press. I think they are smart enough to know what is going to happen and has been quietly prepping the citizens through snippets of news. For example there has been several articles about the sluggish economy ahead, clamping down on foreign workers, urging people to grow own vegetables and buy gold. Are citizens smart enough to connect the dots? Unfortunately a lot of people don't. I just hope more people are ready when the crisis hits.
Old 04-11-2012, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stektan View Post
The Straits Times today had a rather large article advising people to buy gold. Looks like the mass buying may start soon. Not sure if you all notice but the government usually drop a lot of subliminal hints through the press. I think they are smart enough to know what is going to happen and has been quietly prepping the citizens through snippets of news. For example there has been several articles about the sluggish economy ahead, clamping down on foreign workers, urging people to grow own vegetables and buy gold. Are citizens smart enough to connect the dots? Unfortunately a lot of people don't. I just hope more people are ready when the crisis hits.
such info is put in very subtle way so that the majority do not notice them, and later it can not be said, no body told us, since it is there on the paper.

Last edited by alor; 04-11-2012 at 01:57 PM.
Old 04-11-2012, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stektan View Post

Singaporeans in general choose to read and remember the rosy stuff and wave off the pessimistic. When things go wrong, they have 10 fingers to stretch outward to point in all directions including the migratory birds in Sungei Buloh and the occasional elephants and wild boars daring to swim from Johor to Pulau Ubin/Tekong.
Old 05-11-2012, 01:52 PM

One of the supply side is reducing.
link

Maybe the demand is reducing at a faster rate
Old 05-11-2012, 03:39 PM

The reasons are all supply side factors due to "mill stoppages and soaring production costs".
Old 05-11-2012, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovegoldlove View Post
Singaporeans in general choose to read and remember the rosy stuff and wave off the pessimistic. When things go wrong, they have 10 fingers to stretch outward to point in all directions including the migratory birds in Sungei Buloh and the occasional elephants and wild boars daring to swim from Johor to Pulau Ubin/Tekong.
Haha! Nicely put.
Old 09-11-2012, 08:58 AM

Price action looking positive for gold towards 1750-1760 S/R zone and for silver towards 33.25-33.65 S/R zone.

So far this week is up for both metals, and most likely will end with a good run up to the above S/R zones, as gold has recovered all lost ground from last week and silver's strong price momentum will likely break above last week's high of 32.65 too.

Let's see if the market will end the week as such.
Old 10-11-2012, 03:31 PM

2012 US Presidential Election causes a 1-day big drop but price recovered and closed higher. Psychologically, it shows that market are buying it up when there is a dip and not selling it down when it breaks the 200EMA.

Going ahead, it can go up or down, but odds are Green.

Those who sell house, car and everything else to buy the 1-day dip must be very happy. And must be damn brave despite price dropping below 200EMA.

Not inducement to buy or sell.
Old 10-11-2012, 03:35 PM

Gold price chart is nicer and clearer
Old 11-11-2012, 12:50 AM

Default My outlook for the new week

Even though gold and silver have made a strong bounce over the previous week, the strength from Friday's price action contained some hesitance. In particular, the price movement for gold was actually weaker than silver as it closed lower than its open on Friday.

In contrast, all the major currencies - Euro, Pound, Aussie, Swiss Franc and Canadian dollar, have weakened against the US Dollar for 3 consecutive days last week. Against this backdrop, I think it's quite likely that we may see some weakness in gold and silver prices in the early part of the coming week, although I don't think they will break below their recent lows of 1672.50 for gold and 30.65 for silver.

A retracement to 1690-1700 for gold and 31.30-31.75 for silver before resuming their upward move to test S/R zones of 1750-1760 for gold and 33.25-33.65 for silver is a reasonable expectation.