Gold Club Asia Forums

Go Back   Gold Club Asia Forums > Gold Club Asia > Precious Metals - Gold & Silver

Closed Thread

Old 13-07-2013, 12:45 PM

I don't see what's wrong with paying a premium for choice. Same as bidding for your favourite mobile number. Or paying more for advance taxi calling and so forth. Being a newbie not so long ago, there is a pitch called learning curve, you cannot skipped it.

I don't think one can re-route it by seeking "opinions and advises in this forum alone". It is a process. I paid 2k for a tube, now it seems "extraordinary" but moving on, it may be considered a wise decisions when spot rises or when kookaburra hit 30 piece set.

And I emphasised many times, be efficient in earning, rather then spending. It is mutually exclusive.
Old 13-07-2013, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anlok View Post
I might be able to guess which seller it is
Nothing hides from u...
Old 13-07-2013, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lim View Post
I know what to do with you next time .
I have passed through many many wind wind, wave wave in my 6 decades in planet earth, come come "Dun Bro Me". Throw whatever you can..........

Yum seng.........
Old 13-07-2013, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kopmonster View Post
Nothing hides from u...
Wild guess cos I had a almost similar experience with a seller here as well

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Available

24Hr Hotline 9477-7774
Old 13-07-2013, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkingcap View Post
Hi all.
I am a newbie. It is an eye opener for me to get into the world of coins. I bought my first set of kookaburra cons (1990 to 2013) come with a presentable box @ $1600 from a member of this forum. I said that I want to choose the coins and he told me if that is the case, he will have to charge me $50 more, for choosing. Being a newbie and it was my first set of coins, ofcourse, I want to have the best coins! Therefore, I paid extra $50 to him so that I can choose the coins.

As I got to read this forum more frequently, I begin to see that the price of kookaburras are not cheap, but the total price of the 24 coins will definitely be less than the amount that I had paid for that set of coins! After that incident, I become more wary and careful.

However, given the plunge of pm in the recent months, I am getting more worry of what upside do I have for that set of Kookaburras now? and what upside if I will to buy one Kookaburra coin that cost me more than $50 now?

Could you advise?

Thanks!
$1600 was the price sold sometime back for the first set traded in here.
subsequent price drop made the personal individual coins hunt worth it, since they were much cheaper. but there is a lot more time & energy spent to put the set together.

not sure how long did it take you to choose the coin, seller would be wary to let buyer spend time to pick the coins, what if it takes more than 5 minutes to check each coins

some people trade coins for fun, others for profits.
there is nothing wrong here, its just that you pay to learn.
getting the coins you want at the best possible price or prices is not for the faint hearted

to be able to get the lowest total price for the set can be fun, when you can poke someone for their over paying.
Old 13-07-2013, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anlok View Post
I might be able to guess which seller it is
Had a look through the classified section and I think can narrow down the seller already. This is a small community... secrets don't keep very well.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 13-07-2013, 01:53 PM

The hunter is being hunted now........
Old 13-07-2013, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramblerd300 View Post
I don't see what's wrong with paying a premium for choice. Same as bidding for your favourite mobile number. Or paying more for advance taxi calling and so forth. Being a newbie not so long ago, there is a pitch called learning curve, you cannot skipped it.

I don't think one can re-route it by seeking "opinions and advises in this forum alone". It is a process. I paid 2k for a tube, now it seems "extraordinary" but moving on, it may be considered a wise decisions when spot rises or when kookaburra hit 30 piece set.

And I emphasised many times, be efficient in earning, rather then spending. It is mutually exclusive.
You said being a newbie, there is a learning curve, cannot skipped it. Does this imply that newbie is meant for oldie to "whack" his/ her wallet?

Premium is right only when you know that that is the only set.
Old 13-07-2013, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alor View Post
$1600 was the price sold sometime back for the first set traded in here.
subsequent price drop made the personal individual coins hunt worth it, since they were much cheaper. but there is a lot more time & energy spent to put the set together.

not sure how long did it take you to choose the coin, seller would be wary to let buyer spend time to pick the coins, what if it takes more than 5 minutes to check each coins

some people trade coins for fun, others for profits.
there is nothing wrong here, its just that you pay to learn.
getting the coins you want at the best possible price or prices is not for the faint hearted

to be able to get the lowest total price for the set can be fun, when you can poke someone for their over paying.
At that time, I did not know that I can bring along a magnifying lens to check the coins. Therefore, it takes less than 5 mins for sure.

btw, please share with me when was the first set traded in here? Being a newbie, I don't know.
Old 13-07-2013, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeier View Post
Not going to ask u who sold u the coins thats your private issues since all the coin sellers always claim ... "It's up to the buyers to decide what they want to pay for coins".... And I concur wth that

What I am curious is what made u decided to jump in a purchase a full box of kooks... The coins? The discussion? The box? The pitch?

Bear in mind the box is pretty pointless cos next two years if new kooks come out your box will become useless for kooks.
Freeier, I hope I had knew you earlier. It does not cross my mind that the box is pointless.

As a newbie, at that point of purchase, I thought that kooks is like lunar coins whereby I can only buy 2013 coin this year, other years are sold out. Therefore, when I saw this seller willing to sell the whole set of kooks backdated from 1990 (wah... 23 years ago coin!) to this year and with a box, I think I should buy it. After that, then I realised that that is not the only set available in the market.

My main point is,
1. what upside will I see for this set of coins?
2. what upside will I see if I buy a kook that cost more than $50 a piece. I know some years cost up to $90.

Hope you can help me out. Thanks!
Closed Thread

Tags
beginner, cautious, kooks, newbies