Gold Club Asia Forums

Go Back   Gold Club Asia Forums > Gold Club Asia > Precious Metals - Gold & Silver

Old 02-10-2015, 07:50 AM
寨主

Default Shock And Fear Is Coming – What Every Person Must Know Ahead Of This Collapse

Shock And Fear Is Coming – What Every Person Must Know Ahead Of This Collapse – King World News weekly
September 25 2015

Egon von Greyerz:, “So here we are, Eric, at the moment when the world and especially the Western world will have the most unpleasant wake-up call. What started in 2008 was a warning that was heeded … Read the rest

More...
Old 06-10-2015, 04:14 AM

Default Precious Metals are a very good form of Financial Protection BUT do not overcommit

1. I fully agree that PMs are VERY important.
2. But in life we must strike a balance. And here I wish to caution those who just started to learn about PMs. Don't buy "too much".
3. I may step on the toes of those who are strongly against Fiat and for that I apologise.
4. The reason why I suggest not to put too much of your FIAT currency into PMs is because no one knows when the "reset" will happen. Yes, it may happen tomorrow. But what if it doesn't? What if the reset or the SHTF scenario only happens 10 years later? DO not underestimate how long the people in power can drag this whole thing.
5. If you put too large a % of your portfolio into PMs and prices continue to fall (for an extended time), you may be forced to sell your PMs at a loss if you need cash. You can prevent this by ensuring you have a healthy amount of Fiat currency too.
6. Pls do not misunderstand that I am against PM. No I am not. I am a stacker myself. I just feel that there are a lot of info out there on the web that are saying PM prices can go to the moon very soon. If it happens, that's good for us stackers (I am one of them). BUT WHAT IF IT DOESN't HAPPEN for another 10 years? are you prepared for that?
7. Don't let greed overtake you (sometimes that can happen if one receives too much info on the web about PM prices going to the moon).
8. Just my humble opinion and a sharing of what I learnt over the course of my stacking experience. ;-)

Any comments (for or against) are welcomed for healthy discussion.

P.S. If you are a Christian reading this, as a fellow Christian, allow me to remind you that the "love of money is the root of all evil". Yes, PMs can be financial insurance, but we should remember to trust in the Lord Jesus Christ and not in Gold/Silver.
Old 06-10-2015, 04:52 AM

Default The Ideal Gold Silver Percentage Allocation - (and some Gold/Silver for sale)

In addition to what I just wrote abt an hour ago (pending approval by moderater), it is impt to know how much PM to buy. Here is what I read so far.

1. Jim Rickards (in his book Death of Money) suggested 10% of Portfolio for PM, and can increase to 30% if you see signs that SHTF coming soon....

2. How much % between Gold and silver? Interestingly, Perth mint suggest 50% Gold 50% Silver.
http://research.perthmint.com.au/201...n-gold-silver/

3. Of course many today are more bullish on Silver, and tend to give heavier weightage to Silver. But the Perth Mint article is a good read.

By the way, I have some personal holdings I wish to sell. Will be definitely lower than the Bullion Stores of course. I am NOT a Bullion Store and I have the receipt (proof of purchase) to show you if you wish to buy over some of my holdings.

Canadian Silver Maple Coins 2015
Gold bars (bought from UOB)

Please contact me at 9012 3000 to discuss a mutually win win price. Thanks

Arthur Koh
9012 3000