Gold Club Asia Forums

Go Back   Gold Club Asia Forums > Gold Club Asia > Newbies' Corner

Old 02-10-2014, 10:26 AM

hook me up if you need a product photographer

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 02-10-2014, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanGogh53 View Post
Ok, an error, which all too often happens in the internet world. The question is then if someone ordered, will it be honored? There were some cases highlighted sometime ago where the price was wrong, and a lot of publicity came out on them. One just has to be careful when posting prices.
A gross error in internet pricing would not need to be honoured and if you tried to sue the seller in Singapore, the court would just throw out the case and ask you to pay for all the legal fees...

http://www.singaporelaw.sg/sglaw/law...4-2004-sghc-71

http://www.singaporelaw.sg/sglaw/law...02-2005-sgca-2

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 02-10-2014, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterID View Post
Still WIP....unsure of my own plan, go all out to secure distributorship or moonlight to make some kopi money.

Willing to seek advice of like-minded people...
We can give you ideas but you need to pay silver for the ideas

iherb reward code : MDR080

Old 02-10-2014, 01:01 PM

Nice website with nice picture. Congrat.

But the layout on mobile a bit haywire.
Old 02-10-2014, 02:31 PM

Yes, I remember this case. If a buyer orders it and without knowing that it was an error; I do think that person has a case. In the case cited, it was with intent to profit from an error of the seller, which are two very different situations. I also remembered in the former; the seller usually takes a loss. In this case, I read that there isn't such a $25 gold coin of 1 oz. I wonder how the judge will rule in such a situation.
Old 02-10-2014, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Yes, I remember this case. If a buyer orders it and without knowing that it was an error; I do think that person has a case. In the case cited, it was with intent to profit from an error of the seller, which are two very different situations. I also remembered in the former; the seller usually takes a loss. In this case, I read that there isn't such a $25 gold coin of 1 oz. I wonder how the judge will rule in such a situation.
Cheem

iherb reward code : MDR080

Old 03-10-2014, 03:23 PM

Quote:
If such a coin does not exist, it was definitely an error and it is much easier for the seller to convice the court that the buyer is trying to take advantage of the seller's mistake...Read the conclusion of the first link and you would see that the judge dismiss the lawsuit and the subsequent appeal because the buyer was trying to take advantage of the seller's mistake...

You imagine if for example a store were to put up price of 1oz gold for $20 and someone were to place and order of 1,000oz of gold and tried to sue the seller in court for the mistake, I don't think our legal system is stupid enough to not dismiss the claims of the buyer under the law of contract...

Old 03-10-2014, 04:09 PM

Under contract law, the seller is making an "invitation to treat" with the display of the price.

The seller is not oblige to to sell the item at the indicated price.

"A shop owner displaying their goods for sale is generally making an invitation to treat (Pharmaceutical Society of Great Britain v Boots Cash Chemists (Southern) Ltd [1953] 1 QB 401). The shop owner is not obliged to sell the goods to anyone who is willing to pay for them, even if additional signage, such as "special offer", accompanies the display of the goods (compare bait and switch.) This distinction was legally relevant in Fisher v Bell [1961] 1 QB 394, where it was held that displaying a flick knife for sale in a shop did not contravene legislation which prohibited offering for sale such a weapon. The distinction also means that if a shop mistakenly displays an item for sale at a very low price it is not obliged to sell it for that amount.[2]" ...source wikipedia

In other words, even you go supermarket and they displayed the wrong price, they are not binded to honour the price because they are not making an offer but just an "invitation to treat".
Old 03-10-2014, 05:03 PM

What if the full amount is paid and then seller realise it's incorrect price? The payment will constitute a consideration for the contract n legally binding isn't it? Wrong price is one possibility, non-existent of the product is another.
Old 03-10-2014, 10:21 PM

Can fight in court until rescind the contract and lawyer is the happiest person.

come, lets find a way to make money from physical silver and gold.